Win a copy of Terraform in Action this week in the Cloud forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Paul Clapham
  • Ron McLeod
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Rob Spoor
  • Bear Bibeault
Saloon Keepers:
  • Jesse Silverman
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • Al Hobbs
  • salvin francis

change from https to http before starting jforum with sso

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

i have implemented jforum in my own application in following way:

1. i check up userid and password in my application and call a login-procedure, that sets the userid in the session und calls
jforum.

2. jforum works with my own sso-class, that read my parameter from the session and give it to jforum.

so, this is working, but when i change the protocoll to https in the login-procedure there appears following error (the call to
jforum itself is in http only)

Can anybody help me??




[originally posted on jforum.net by nici42]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
This is a hard one to debug remotely. Especially since the exception is just a "catch all problems and rethrow it message. Are there any additional error messages in your application server logs? Especially ones that point to a "root cause"?

It looks like the underlying error is an SQL column overflow (data too long) and the only place that I can see data getting written to the DB is either into the JForum_Sessions table or the JForums_User table (if it's a new SSO user). You'll need to verify that all your user info and session id stuff will fit into the tables. It may just be a case of some session ids (managed by the app server) are longer the 50 characters and you need to increase this column size.

One thing I can think that might be causing problems in general is to verify that when you change from HTTP to HTTPS that your WebApp session is staying the same. I know with Tomcat this changes if you are going directly to TC. But it stays the same if you are using a web server front end with a JK connector.

If you're getting a new session after authenticating, then it might be related to trying to set the session to the anonymous user.

Well, that's all the comes to mind with the info supplied. Hopefully it will help.


[originally posted on jforum.net by monroe]
 
You showed up just in time for the waffles! And this tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop
https://coderanch.com/wiki/718759/books/Building-World-Backyard-Paul-Wheaton
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic