I'm building a web application (a free online game in gwt) and I decide using jforum. SSO is done with tomcat realm.
But it's not enough, I'm looking for information to do this kind of integration:
- compute profile page and avatar url to use them in my application.
- send jforum private message from my application.
- adding edditable information on profile page.
- adding any kind of information on member list page.
- why not post new message/topic
- having several template: a classic one with web site menu, and tiny one to let user discuss in a little part of the page while working on the main application. In my application, users can play several game (from 3 to 10 players) and I wonder having a topic for every game.
-> ok this is going very far (too far ?)...
Finally what can I make without risk for future upgrade to jforum3.
I don't expect getting a full answer, but any pointer or feed back would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance