JForum was running fine in the morning, not a sign of any problems. Come the evening I just get a
Nothing has touched it what so ever. It just stopped. No paged anywhere in the forum works. The server is running fine as I can go to any other pages that isnt JForum. I've tried to use this on two different computers and used the forum on Jetty. I've also used 218 completly new and still end up with the same results.
Totally stumped [originally posted on jforum.net by .jayderyu]
I'd suggest you look at your Tomcat logs for more information.
You could use the Tomcat manager to verify that the JForum webapp is up and running.
You should also check that the underlying files didn't get damaged or removed. I've had issues where an admin accidentally dragged the wrong folder to a different place. (in my case it was the entire webapps folder... exciting few minutes there...) [originally posted on jforum.net by monroe]
Nothing and no one touched the forum between the time it was working and didn't. There was no forum work and no one was logged into the computer by ony records I found. I have checked some logs and did find on the day it did die that there was a problem connecting to the database.
I have since checked the DB by running it in it's own HSQLDB server rather than the forum self run. The DB is not corrupt nor any data I found invalidated it. Since then every other day has not reported an error in regards to the DB or starting up. Tomcat does report that the forum is running.
I am getting the impression that something critical ended up getting corupted and the Forum servlet is not starting. I am wondering if there is a 2.1.6 download I can use. I don't have a based 216 anymore. I have tried upgrading to 2.17 and then 2.1.8, but all I end up with is HSQLDB_2.1.6_to_2.1.7 and a similiar for 217 to 218. They are the same size as the jforum.script file. When I update it also reports 0 updates done, but no errors occured. I don't know how to "move" the new script file into the newer db. [originally posted on jforum.net by .jayderyu]
The error message seems to say that there has been a problem trying to "mount" the application, so as monroe said, there should be some kind of error in the Tomcat logs. If the app. wouldn't be tried to be mounted, it would say "File not found", but it says "resource is not available" and that usually happens if an exception is thrown when deploying the application.
The usual approach is stopping Tomcat, removing all logs, starting it and then trying to see where it tries to deploy the application if there is any error.
If no error is reported, it is difficult to know what happened, or is happening.
Regarding the versions... I have also been unable to find how to download a previous version, but you should be able to upgrade with the instructions found here: http://www.jforum.net/doc/Upgrade
Good luck! [originally posted on jforum.net by GreenEyed]
You showed up just in time for the waffles! And this tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop