I am working on a web development project with spring framework. we are using Resin server : resin3.1.12 and having this issue :
According to TLD or attribute directive in tag file, attribute test does not accept any expression
My web.xml file looks like this :
and it is working fine on production server but creating a new project in netbeans with tomcat server(tomcat version 7) and using same code and all other files gives me the above mentioned error.
I tried this solutions, which I found on some blogs :
Reference the correct JSTL uri in your JSP,change
It worked and jsp error was removed.. but its not a feasible solution to change this in all jsp files.
and since the code already working fine, then such kind of changes may create problems on production environment.
Is it a problem with using different server, as I am using tomcat with netbenas and resin 3.1.12 on production environment.
Please suggest me what needs to be done, any kind of help will much appreciated.
Bear Bibeault wrote:Your web.xml is wrong. Servlets 2.2? That's ancient!
See the JspFaq for info on declaring the web.xml as a Servlets 2.4 application.
yes, I tried to change web.xml according to 2.4 specification but it is not working in my case.. I think it may be a problem with server as we are using Resin 3.1.12 on production and I am trying to compile and run using Tomcat 7. on netbeans
As I already mentioned that all this code is working fine on production server.. the problem may be with some specifications that I am not able to locate. :confused:
Bear Bibeault wrote:You should be developing with the same server you will use in production. Otherwise, many surprises, none of them pleasant, await.
yes, you are right.. I am facing a lot of problems.. but the thing is code is already developed and I need to create new project with the same code for new enhancements and removing errors.
I tried to incorporate resin with netbeans but was not successfull.. then I switched to Eclipse and there I successfully added resin server but my problems increased there.
The jsp error which I was able to remove in netbens by changing
is not removing in Eclipse. I tried to change web.xml specification also, that too is not working.. now I am clueless how to start work on the code without removing such errors. :confused: