• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problems after scheduling the Test OCJP 6

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 11
Netbeans IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I scheduled my test of OCJP 6 for August 11,2012 using Pearson Vue. I got a email from Pearson Vue having two addresses(billing address and Shipping address).I guess PearsonVue doesn't send me any exam receipt or anything ??? and when i clear my exam my certificates will be delivered at the address mentioned in the account registered at oracle.com, right?? please help, my billing and shipping addresses are different!!!
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 924
1
Netbeans IDE Fedora Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Amrish Jhaveri wrote:I scheduled my test of OCJP 6 for August 11,2012 using Pearson Vue. I got a email from Pearson Vue having two addresses(billing address and Shipping address).I guess PearsonVue doesn't send me any exam receipt or anything ??? and when i clear my exam my certificates will be delivered at the address mentioned in the account registered at oracle.com, right?? please help, my billing and shipping addresses are different!!!



Normally the billing address is the one where they will send you the receipt. if you are paying from the credit card they ask you to enter the billing address same as the one you gave while applying your credit card and the system checks if the entered billing address matches the given address or not. but i have encountered certain gateways which does not and hence you can enter any billing address. i say whatever your shipping address is , enter the same address in billing address fields.
 
Amrish Jhaveri
Greenhorn
Posts: 11
Netbeans IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Fees of OCJP 6 exam has changed from $300 to $150, right??
 
gurpeet singh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 924
1
Netbeans IDE Fedora Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Amrish Jhaveri wrote:Fees of OCJP 6 exam has changed from $300 to $150, right??




the last time i checked on oracle india website the fees in indian rupee was 5845.
 
Amrish Jhaveri
Greenhorn
Posts: 11
Netbeans IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
When i registered it was Rs 8104
 
Greenhorn
Posts: 18
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Amrish Jhaveri wrote:Fees of OCJP 6 exam has changed from $300 to $150, right??

Where did you see this?

It's 238 euro in Ireland...
 
gurpeet singh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 924
1
Netbeans IDE Fedora Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
yes the exam fees has been revised i think . the fees as on oracle site in india is showing Rs 8014. i gave exam on 26th may and then the fees was Rs 5845. so i guess in a month fees has been increased. wonder why ?
 
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

gurpeet singh wrote:yes the exam fees has been revised i think . the fees as on oracle site in india is showing Rs 8014. i gave exam on 26th may and then the fees was Rs 5845. so i guess in a month fees has been increased. wonder why ?


It might be due to the depreciation of rupee against US Dollars
 
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic