Win a copy of Practice Tests for OCP Java 17 Certification Exam (1Z0-829) this week in the OCPJP forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • Rob Spoor
  • Junilu Lacar
  • paul wheaton
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Scott Selikoff
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • Jj Roberts
  • fred rosenberger

Passed OCPJP 6.0 exam

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 38
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I passed OCPJP 6.0 exam with 85%.I am very happy about my result because i got as i expected.Is this one a good result?I think as i am a fresher this is a good one.Will companies take this into the consideration at the time of recruiting ?Where should i add this to my resume?
 
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

vvus bharadwaj wrote:I passed OCPJP 6.0 exam with 85%.I am very happy about my result because i got as i expected.Is this one a good result?I think as i am a fresher this is a good one.Will companies take this into the consideration at the time of recruiting ?Where should i add this to my resume?


Congrats and by the way where are you thinking to add ? Are you thinking to attach xerox copy of this certificate with every copy of resume ?
 
Bartender
Posts: 1558
5
Eclipse IDE Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

vvus bharadwaj wrote:I passed OCPJP 6.0 exam with 85%.

First of all, Congratulations!

vvus bharadwaj wrote:I am very happy about my result because i got as i expected.

IMHO, this is a very important thing - to be able to do an accurate self-assessment. This will definitely pay you in long run.

vvus bharadwaj wrote:Is this one a good result?I think as i am a fresher this is a good one.

I would say yes. Because, there are some topics which you might not need(or very rarely need) in actual job (e.g. locale, date formatting etc.), whereas other topics might be needed very frequently (exception handling, generics, threads). So, important thing is - to identify the weak areas (which can be done by taking a look at mark-sheet) and keep on working on them. Please keep in mind that certification is not a target, but it is a continuous learning process. Certification is simply one of the manifestations that you are aware of those specific things (about Java).
Anyways, certificate won't contain your marks

vvus bharadwaj wrote:Will companies take this into the consideration at the time of recruiting ?Where should i add this to my resume?

Yes. Certification would definitely help you standing out of the crowd (especially if you are fresher). You can simply add a line in your resume that you've done this certification. Personally, I've put all certification list in my resume, I don't mention the score, and I've never got any problem - rather nobody asked me to show those certifications (things can be slightly different for freshers though). However, its a (really) good idea to carry those certificates with you.
But what my point is - don't worry much about 'proof'. If you say that you are OCPJP, then interviewer will ask questions accordingly, and even 3-4 questions would reveal the truth.

Congrats again, and All The Best!
 
pie. tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop
https://coderanch.com/wiki/718759/books/Building-World-Backyard-Paul-Wheaton
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic