Win a copy of Practical SVG this week in the HTML/CSS/JavaScript forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Ulmaut characters are not displaying properly in my JSP

 
shanthini raman
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I have a jsp which has the option for uploading a file.In my case i have uploaded a file that has the name in combination of english and ulmaut characters.that will be displayed in next jsp where it displays properly for example üß_file.xls when the same code display as ?_file.xls in the higher environment ie.,test environment i had tried three option 1.encoded to UTF-8 in the encoding option as the first line in my jsp 2.I have changed the html:form attribute(accept character set) to UTF-8 3.I have included onle SetCharacter Encoded Sevlet filter which is setting response content type to UTF-8 and request .set character Encoding to UTF-8 It includes the change in web.xml with the param to force the jsp patterns to UTF-8 Encoding type.

please suggest me some solutions to solve this issue in test environment(where it works fine in DEV and local environments).
 
You showed up just in time for the waffles! And this tiny ad:
the new thread boost feature: great for the advertiser and smooth for the coderanch user
https://coderanch.com/t/674455/Thread-Boost-feature
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!