• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

providing a default tone for my alarm application

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 29
Android Chrome Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Friends.

I am coding an alarm application for the first time. I want to include a default tone for my application in case user did not choose a custom tone.

Please can someone tell me how to do this.

Thank you..
 
Bartender
Posts: 10780
71
Hibernate Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

sampath surineni wrote:I am coding an alarm application for the first time. I want to include a default tone for my application in case user did not choose a custom tone...


So you already have code to play custom tones then, yes? Just choose one of them. Alternatively, there are plenty of .wav libraries around. Download one and include it in your jar.

Google is your friend.

Winston
 
sampath surineni
Greenhorn
Posts: 29
Android Chrome Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Winston Gutkowski wrote:

sampath surineni wrote:I am coding an alarm application for the first time. I want to include a default tone for my application in case user did not choose a custom tone...


So you already have code to play custom tones then, yes? Just choose one of them. Alternatively, there are plenty of .wav libraries around. Download one and include it in your jar.

Google is your friend.

Winston



Thanks for the reply Mr.Winston. I'm new to coding and I don't know in which folder of my project I have to include it. I'm using netbeans and there are src and libraries folders. should I include it in one of these of create a new one.
Even if I include it in one of these folders what would be its address to access.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 147
Android Eclipse IDE Linux
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

sampath surineni wrote:Thanks for the reply Mr.Winston. I'm new to coding and I don't know in which folder of my project I have to include it. I'm using netbeans and there are src and libraries folders. should I include it in one of these of create a new one.
Even if I include it in one of these folders what would be its address to access.



I always put resources such as sound files or images into a resource folder named 'resources'.
 
sampath surineni
Greenhorn
Posts: 29
Android Chrome Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Jan Hoppmann wrote:

sampath surineni wrote:Thanks for the reply Mr.Winston. I'm new to coding and I don't know in which folder of my project I have to include it. I'm using netbeans and there are src and libraries folders. should I include it in one of these of create a new one.
Even if I include it in one of these folders what would be its address to access.



I always put resources such as sound files or images into a resource folder named 'resources'.



Thank you very much Mr.Jan Hoppmann. You cleared my doubt. Can you tell me how to address them in the project. what is the path of them
 
Bartender
Posts: 5167
11
Netbeans IDE Opera Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
This tutorial page is about images, not sound files, but the principle remains the same:
Loading Images Using getResource
 
sampath surineni
Greenhorn
Posts: 29
Android Chrome Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Darryl Burke wrote:This tutorial page is about images, not sound files, but the principle remains the same:
Loading Images Using getResource



Thank you very much Mr.Burke you solved my problem
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic