i'm working with one bpo and got an opportunity in my core HR field. My current employer have a notice period of 1 month which i'm unable to serve. It is because the new employer want my joining as soon as possible.
I have filed the resignation bt still cannot complete one month. If i abscond, will I not be able to get into any other NSR certified company?? Will my PF be transfer to another company?? Please reply I have to take quick decision.
Don’t add new questions to an old thread. Fortunately, I can create a new thread from your post ( hope you don’t mind, Henry).
You should go to your HR department and explain the problem. I am not certain, but the new employer may be acting unreasonably expecting you to leave without fulfilling your notice period.
Signing a contract that you can't legally fulfill is not a wise thing to do. One month notice is a rather short period; your new employer should absolutely be prepared to wait that long.
posted 5 years ago
Thank you for moving the thread...
I had talk with my HR but according to them, there is no scope to reduce the notice period. And new employer is not ready to delay in joining..Please let me know if my current employer abscond me then will I completely bared from NSR?
Pam Trucker wrote:My current employer have a notice period of 1 month which i'm unable to serve. It is because the new employer want my joining as soon as possible.
But surely "as soon as possible" would mean "after the notice period which you are contractually required to serve"? Or do you mean to say your new employer is forcing you to violate that contract as a requirement for being hired? Perhaps you are misinterpreting something your new employer said, I suggest you contact them and get it clarified. Personally I would interpret "as soon as possible" the way I suggested there.
posted 5 years ago
No they have given me a date and i would not join at that particular date, thy have another candidate.
They are of course not forcing me but i want o join them...