Aravind Palani wrote:Which exam is better to take SCJP 6.0 or ocjp7? as far i am a fresher ,completed B.E.............Please reply your suggestions asap
Thank you in advance
Welcome to CodeRanch!
After Oracle took over SUN, there's no SCJP.
The exams are as below:
1) OCPJP 6: New name for SCJP 6. No eligibility criteria, so you can go for this.
2) OCAJP 7: Similar to SCJA, but difficulty level is slightly more. No eligibility criteria, so you can go for this.
3) OCPJP 7: Quite difficult compared to above two exams (as this exam focuses on new features of JDK 7 as well). Also, if you haven't cleared either OCAJP 7 or any previous version of OCPJP/SCJP, then you cannot directly go for this exam.
From content perspective, OCPJP 7 is obvious choice (as it focuses on latest JDK), but you cannot directly go for this exam.
If given the choices:
1) OCAJP 7 + OCPJP 7
2) OCPJP 6 + OCPJP 7
I would suggest to follow first path. There, since both exams are focused on JDK 7, and content is nicely distributed, you will learn more (and have to study more )
Madhura Sandbhor wrote:Hi....I want to do SCJP,If I register for it tomorrow,den in how many days i will get certificate?Please give me advice,I searched for it ,but i didnt get info anywhr..
What is your exact doubt? Did you go through Oracle's and CodeRanch's FAQs?
In general, below is the workflow:
1) Buy a certification voucher - can be bought online(from Oracle website), or at PearsonVUE center (provided that center available purchasing facility)
2) Get a certification appointment - again, this can be done online(from PearsonVUE website), or at PearsonVUE center
3) Depending upon exam center's availability, you may get appointment for next week, next month, or even tomorrow
4) By this time, you've to make sure that you are done with your preparation. E.g. if you register on 1st Feb, and get an appointment for 2nd Feb, are you ready for this?
5) Take the exam. After this, you'll get a printout displaying your score, whether you pass/fail, and topic-wise distribution of your score (e.g. in case of OCPJP, it will display your overall score, plus your score in threading, generics and so on).
6) When you pass the exam, make sure that your postal address is proper at your PearsonVUE and Oracle profile. You should get your certificate kit in approximately 6-8 weeks.
mikali singh wrote:whether ocpjp 7 exam available in market. can i give this exam directly??
if not then when ocpjp 7 exam will release in market. so that i can give this exam directly.
Yes. OCPJP 7 exam is available in market (do you mean to ask about exam vouchers? That can be checked by either at Oracle's website, or at PearsonVUE center near you).
No. You cannot take this exam directly. You'll have to pass either OCAJP 7 or OCPJP/SCJP of any old Java version (Java 6, 5 etc.)
Nancy Avent wrote:I don't agree with Shivalkar. You can take either OCAJP or OCPJP in any order i.e. you can take OCPJP first. However, you will be awarded the certification when you pass both the exams.
Thanks for the correction Nancy. My apologies.
For OCPJP 7:
Step 1: Prior certification (OCAJP 7)
Step 2: Pass this exam (OCPJP 7)
As per Oracle:
Steps do not have to be completed in sequence, but certification will not be granted until all required steps have been completed. In paths that require training, course should be completed before completing Course Submission Form.
So yes, technically, you can go for OCPJP 7 and then OCAJP 7. Logically, it doesn't make much sense (that is, to clear an exam with advanced topics first, and then go for exam with fundamental topic).