Websphere Java WS client: How do I send raw XML as part of a SOAP request
Paul Santa Maria
posted 3 years ago
1. I've got the WSDL for a SOAP web service
2. I created a "Top down, Java Bean" web service client in RAD Developer (an Eclipse based compiler used with IBM Websphere) and auto-generated a bunch of JAX-WS .java modules
3. Here is the auto-generated JAX-WS code for one of the operations:
* "transactionData" comes from a large, complex XML data record. The WSDL format exactly matches the XML I'll be writing on the Java side, and exactly matches what the Web service will be reading on the server side.
* Q: How do I bypass Java serialization for the "transactionData" parameter, to send raw XML directly in my SOAP message? Instead of having to read my XML, parse it, and pack the Java "TransactionType" structure field-by-field?