Win a copy of The Java Performance Companion this week in the Performance forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Downloading an embedded applet from a website

 
Kieran Webster
Greenhorn
Posts: 22
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
How would I download an applet from a website. This is the line I have found in the page source



Is there any way to get the client.jar onto my desktop?
 
Greg Charles
Sheriff
Posts: 2987
12
Firefox Browser IntelliJ IDE Java Mac Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Kieran Webster wrote:How would I download an applet from a website. This is the line I have found in the page source



Is there any way to get the client.jar onto my desktop?


Have you tried searching your hard drive? I think the jar file would be somewhere in a temp folder used by your browser.
 
Kieran Webster
Greenhorn
Posts: 22
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Greg Charles wrote:
Kieran Webster wrote:How would I download an applet from a website. This is the line I have found in the page source



Is there any way to get the client.jar onto my desktop?


Have you tried searching your hard drive? I think the jar file would be somewhere in a temp folder used by your browser.


From what I've searched, I can't find it.
 
Darryl Burke
Bartender
Posts: 5132
11
Java Netbeans IDE Opera
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Kieran Webster wrote:From what I've searched, I can't find it.

What file did you search for?
 
Kieran Webster
Greenhorn
Posts: 22
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Darryl Burke wrote:
Kieran Webster wrote:From what I've searched, I can't find it.

What file did you search for?


client.jar. That's what I'm looking for right?
 
Greg Charles
Sheriff
Posts: 2987
12
Firefox Browser IntelliJ IDE Java Mac Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Strange, I would have thought the jar would be downloaded to the file system somewhere. Another alternative is to type it into the URL. It would be relative to the page you're on, so in the place of pagename.html, put in client.jar, leaving the rest of the URL the same. I think that would do it.

It might be nicer if you requested the jar from the site's author, or checked if he/she made it available already for download. Who knows? You might even get source code that way.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic