The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 7.4.0 has been released. This month’s release includes support for setting borders for a 3D chart’s side and back walls . We have also provided support to assign and validate digital signatures. We have included a few enhancements regarding text alignments and error checking options in cells. This release is also a maintenance release where several important issues have been fixed. Many issues around reading and writing spreadsheets, rendering drawing objects and shapes, page setup options and exporting to PDF have been resolved. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- Set borders for the side wall of a 3D chart
- Assign and Validate Digital Signatures
- Support rotated text in the cells
- Get output <ignoreError calculatedColumn="1"> node for error checking options in the XLSX
- Sparkline discrepancies with Excel (Sparkline to Image) is fixed
- Row height and hidden columns are lost after adding password protection to the existing file is now fixed
- Paper size was changed when saving Excel files
- Data in Excel were not displayed in the PDF is now fixed
- Resaved XLS file causes an error message when opening in MS Excel is now fixed
- Low quality when saving Sparklines as PNG images is fixed
- Low quality when saving shape as an image is fixed
- Sparklines get condensed is fixed
- Missing or wrong graphics (arrows) in the output PDF file
- When there is a row with row height set to 0, this row becomes unhidden - after re-saving the template file is now resolved
- Setting page header and footer on a chart sheet shows “nullnullnull” instead of values
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.