Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

OCMJEA / OCJMD Overlap

 
Glen Iris
Ranch Hand
Posts: 172
Chrome Java Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello Friends,

I have a question regarding the mandatory Oracle attendance part of the OCMJEA and OCJMD.

There is one course which is in both certification paths. It is the UML course.

I was wondering, if I complete the UML course as part of my OCJMD certification, can I then use that attendance to exempt me from the attendance section for the OCMJEA ?

Im guessing not as Oracle seem to be all about the money

Thanks

g
 
kumar naresh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 120
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Its a good question where Oracle can only comment on this.

This has raised few more queries like:
a) Will there be any time limit to finish complete path after completing the mandatory course.
b) Is mandatory course taken during OCMJEA 5 first before appearing for part I, Can it be used for OCMJEA 6 if it is released.

I guess
i)UML course is valid for both OCMJEA and OCJMD.
ii)There may not be any time limit.
iii)Course is valid even for OCMJEA 6.

All these require a confirmation mail from Oracle saying that these are valid.

Thanks,
Kumar.
 
Glen Iris
Ranch Hand
Posts: 172
Chrome Java Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I got some clarification from Oracle on this today:

Thank you very much for your email.

Each course you take will be recognized for one certification only.

For example, if you take the UML course and complete the course submission form asking Oracle to attach this training to the OCJMD certification, you will have to do an additional one from the list of approved trainings for the OCMJEA.

Please let me know, should you have any additional questions.


I guess thats a no then
 
Joel Mata
Greenhorn
Posts: 25
Java Oracle Spring
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Glen Iris wrote:I got some clarification from Oracle on this today:

Thank you very much for your email.

Each course you take will be recognized for one certification only.

For example, if you take the UML course and complete the course submission form asking Oracle to attach this training to the OCJMD certification, you will have to do an additional one from the list of approved trainings for the OCMJEA.

Please let me know, should you have any additional questions.


I guess thats a no then


Hi Glen, not much to add, just an confirmation that i did receive the same answer from Oracle. I did the Java SE7 fundamentals, it seamed to be the cheapest option.
 
Glen Iris
Ranch Hand
Posts: 172
Chrome Java Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Joel Mata wrote:

Hi Glen, not much to add, just an confirmation that i did receive the same answer from Oracle. I did the Java SE7 fundamentals, it seamed to be the cheapest option.


Hey Joel,

Did you get much / learn much from the course?
 
Joel Mata
Greenhorn
Posts: 25
Java Oracle Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Glen Iris wrote:
Joel Mata wrote:

Hi Glen, not much to add, just an confirmation that i did receive the same answer from Oracle. I did the Java SE7 fundamentals, it seamed to be the cheapest option.


Hey Joel,

Did you get much / learn much from the course?


700-800e for some pdfs that you get from any site explaining the new features. Is was really disturbing for me.
If it is to gain access to the certification than do it, if it is for learning don't spend your money.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic