To add some suggestions on the app (rather than try to change your course): perhaps you should
consider features rather than bling. Instead of using '3D graphics' in a task manager, which really doesn't fit the applications (in my opinion), why not add useful features such as:
- synchronization with Google and/or corporate calendars
- export / import functionality between common task services
- timelines, graphs and reports
- location awareness (notify when a user is 'close' to where the task needs to be done)
- voice integration
- email / share / assign tasks with others
- social integration (tweet: Look, I just completed 24 tasks today! Yay me!)
The idea would be: There are a ton of task list applications out there. Rather than making yours the same except for some 3D effect, why not make it have features others don't or more features, or a subset of features that no one app has...
However, it is your thesis, not mine, so feel free to disregard my post. Also, if you wanted to take this opportunity to learn 3D graphics on Android, then all the better.