• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

_JAVA_OPTIONS help  RSS feed

 
Fisher Clayton
Greenhorn
Posts: 5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi, I do not know a thing about Java. I am just trying to host a Server for a game I play. But everytime I run the run.bat I get this message;


(I get the same thing for all Java related cmd's that I run)
But then after I get that message, I can not run anything else that uses Java at the same time the server is open.
So I was basically wondering how I could reset the _JAVA_OPTIONS
I also remember setting it a long time ago to make 1 of my games run faster but can't remember how I did it
Please help, sorry that I'm such a noob!
 
Steve Luke
Bartender
Posts: 4181
22
IntelliJ IDE Java Python
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
_JAVA_OPTIONS is an environmental variable. You need to go to wherever environmental variables are set on your OS and get rid of it.
 
Fisher Clayton
Greenhorn
Posts: 5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Steve Luke wrote:_JAVA_OPTIONS is an environmental variable. You need to go to wherever environmental variables are set on your OS and get rid of it.

Could you please tell me where I can find that as I said I'm a newby that knows nothing, sorry!
 
Steve Luke
Bartender
Posts: 4181
22
IntelliJ IDE Java Python
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Depends on your OS. So what OS are you on?
 
Fisher Clayton
Greenhorn
Posts: 5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Steve Luke wrote:Depends on your OS. So what OS are you on?

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
Fisher Clayton
Greenhorn
Posts: 5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Bump.
 
Ashish Dutt
Ranch Hand
Posts: 172
Java MySQL Database Python
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
you can try this link to set java options in Environment variables. Java Path
if that does not help simply google out "how to set java options as path or environment variable in windows 7"
Googling can help solve 95% of your basic questions.
Cheers
 
Campbell Ritchie
Marshal
Posts: 56529
172
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Fisher Clayton wrote:Bump.
Don't. Please read this.
 
Fisher Clayton
Greenhorn
Posts: 5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Ashish Dutt wrote:you can try this link to set java options in Environment variables. Java Path
if that does not help simply google out "how to set java options as path or environment variable in windows 7"
Googling can help solve 95% of your basic questions.
Cheers

Thank you very much! I appreciate your help the link you gave me fixed it
 
Ashish Dutt
Ranch Hand
Posts: 172
Java MySQL Database Python
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Fisher Clayton wrote:
Ashish Dutt wrote:you can try this link to set java options in Environment variables. Java Path
if that does not help simply google out "how to set java options as path or environment variable in windows 7"
Googling can help solve 95% of your basic questions.
Cheers

Thank you very much! I appreciate your help the link you gave me fixed it


You are most welcome, Fisher.
One more thing i would say, this is the best forum for learning and practicing Java, there are some very learned and experienced professionals on this forum to guide you if you falter.
Cheers.
 
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!