Last week, we had the author of TDD for a Shopping Website LiveProject. Friday at 11am Ranch time, Steven Solomon will be hosting a live TDD session just for us. See for the agenda and registration link
Last week, we had the author of TDD for a Shopping Website LiveProject. Friday at 11am Ranch time, Steven Solomon will be hosting a live TDD session just for us. See for the agenda and registration link
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Paul Clapham
  • Ron McLeod
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Tim Cooke
Sheriffs:
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • paul wheaton
  • Henry Wong
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • Himai Minh

rendering XHTML components from ajax+Jquery

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi frnds...
i need to update a "div" container with a "xhtml" page, from the page where the "div" container resides...
Below are my codes...

updateDiv.xhtml




myjs.js


divContent.xhtml





the button click on "updateDiv.xhtml" calls the javascript function "updateDivContent()" and it inturn it calls the "divContent.xhtml" ..No probs with the ajax call..
the problem is with the rendering of "divContent.xhtml" 's "h:inputText" inside "updateDiv" div from "updateDiv.xhtml" , which does not render, it just gives out the "h:inputText" component and not the basic html component like "<input type="text" ..>"

can any one please help me in rendering the XHTML component ....
thanks in advance...
 
senthil selva
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I solved this problem.....
the problem here is with the javascript url

myjs.js



i changed divContent.xhtml into divContent.jsf
 
Saloon Keeper
Posts: 25472
180
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

senthil selva wrote:
i changed divContent.xhtml into divContent.jsf



"divContent.xhtml" is a resource name. Resources are not directly visible to clients.

"divContent.jsf" is a URL name. When a client submits a URL request to the server, the server dissects the URL string and routes the request to the appropriate URL handler. Which, in this particular case is the FacesServlet, which in turn examines the URL and hands it off to the Facelets resource resolver, which decodes the URL path into its corresponding resource path(s). So the divContent.xhtml resource is used by JSF to construct the response for a request for the divContent.jsf URL.
 
The only cure for that is hours of television radiation. And this tiny ad:
Free, earth friendly heat - from the CodeRanch trailboss
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paulwheaton/free-heat
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic