This week's book giveaways are in the Jython/Python and Object-Oriented programming forums. We're giving away four copies each of Machine Learning for Business: Using Amazon SageMaker and Jupyter and Object Design Style Guide and have the authors on-line! See this thread and this one for details.
My company NexRev is seeking a experienced Java Developer to help build out new Building Automation System. Please see the Job Description below. Email careers at nexrev dot com if you are interested.
NexRev provides technical products and services to multi-site, national retail and entertainment clients relating to energy conservation and efficiency of operation, including: Energy management and control system installation; energy retrofits for rooftop A/C units; HVAC and refrigeration system commissioning; HVAC Test and Balance services; and Electrical metering and sub-metering installation.
Job Description: Application Developer
Responsible for providing system application design and development of NexRev’s Freedom building automation system. The position will also be responsible for the development of the embedded control application and also the procedures used in the installation, commissioning, and documentation of building automation controls projects. This position is also reasonable for enterprise system support, configuration, remote system management and product knowledge expertise to support existing customers. This position will also require in-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure as it relates to installation and configuration of building controls network.
• Work with the integration team to determine current software needs to support growth
• Work with customers to determine development needs/requests
• Design and implementation of software updates to customers
• Provide customers with technical solutions that support their business objectives
• Develop a multi-site architectural framework to manage and support customers with 200+ locations
• Act as technical consultant to customers at all levels of the organization on HVAC, energy strategies, and data management
• Support the entire Software Development Life Cycle
• Support the implementation/operations application engineering/programming teams
• Maps out device drivers to existing or specified controls for building automation systems
• Team oriented and self-motivated
• Experience in installing and configuring client-server applications
• Experience writing and interacting with Web Services
• Experience with XML development and design
• Database experience - specifically using Java applications to share data with MS SQL Server or other relational databases
• Niagara AX Developer certification – preferred
• Background in data management – preferred
Experience / Education:
• Minimum 5 years Niagara AX experience
• Minimum 10 years experience in the building controls industry
• Minimum 5 years Java development experience
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Discipline
• Technical or undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems
• Competitive salary plus bonus potential
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
• 401K Plan with Company % Match
• Vacation & Holiday Pay
• Company provided cell phone and laptop