The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 7.6.0 has been released. This release supports selecting a range of cells in the worksheet while activating the worksheets in the output Excel file. You may also specify a first page header and footer image for worksheet. We had a number of complaints regarding the image quality in chart-to-image conversion and have improved the quality to a certain extent. We have also resolved a number of exceptions encountered when reading and writing Microsoft Excel files, rendering charts to images and converting worksheets to image files. This release is also a maintenance release that contains enhancements and fixes for issues reported in earlier versions. In this release, we have fixed issues with manipulating charts and shapes. Several other important issues have been addressed. For example, issues around rendering Microsoft Excel file formats, manipulating charts, manipulating worksheets and rendering to PDF format. Issues pertaining to the formula calculation engine have also been fixed in this release. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- Saving Excel sheet with a few cells selected
- Place image to the header (only for the first page)
- Create STRAIGHT_CONNECTOR in MS Excel 2003 format
- GB18030 Characters display issues are resolved
- Chart Quality is enhanced
- Copying sheet lost ActiveX control’s properties and the control becomes a simple shape control is now fixed
- Setting image quality effect is enhanced in this release
- Workbook has Worksheets with duplicate CodeNames is now fixed
- Deleting chart causes unreadable spreadsheet is now fixed
- SheetRender.toImage() with ImageFormat.getJpeg() returns PNG image file
Resizing Textbox in XLSX is resolved
- “#VALUE!” error after Calculation is fixed
- calculateFormula() issue is fixed and now work for INDEX function
- Error executing replace in text box is fixed
- The image shrank resolution increases and expands when decreases is now fixed
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.