The long awaited version of Aspose.Slides for Java (8.0.0) has been released. This is mainly a maintenance release in which we have introduced the maiden feature support for replacing the image inside Presentation class's PictureCollection. Now, one can replace the selected image in a PictureCollection. All the shapes in the presentation that use the selected image are automatically updated to use the new image. We have also provided the support for extracting the byte array data for the PicutreCollection image as well. For more details about this feature, please visit this documentation link. We have also improved the rendering support by resolving many chart, bullets and text rendering issues encountered during slide thumbnail generation and PDF across different platforms including Window, Mac and Linux. We have also rectified the issue pertaining to rendering of presentations in threaded environment as well. Some important enhancement & bug fixes included in this release are given below
- Support for altering pictures added into the image collection of a presentation
- Support for altering the bytes of Picture added in image collection of presentation
- Exception is resolved on generating PDF in MAC
- Bullets are improperly rendered in generated thumbnails is fixed
- Nullpointer exception is resolved on generating thumbnail in threaded environment
- Incorrect Support for RTL is resolved in Aspose.Slides
- conversions - Slide thumbnails are corrected in this released
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Slides for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Slides for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Slides is a Java component to create, read, write and modify a PowerPoint document without using Microsoft PowerPoint. It supports PHP applications and provides all advanced features for managing presentations, slides, shapes, tables and supports PPT, POT, POS PowerPoint formats. Now you can add, access, copy, clone, edit and delete slides in your presentations. It also supports audio & video frames, adding pictures, text frames and saving presentations as streams or SVG format.