This week's book giveaway is in the OCP forum.
We're giving away four copies of OCP Java SE 8 Programmer II Exam Study Guide and have Kathy Sierra, Bert Bates, & Elizabeth Robson on-line!
See this thread for details.
Win a copy of OCP Java SE 8 Programmer II Exam Study Guide this week in the OCP forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Problems with updating a manifest file  RSS feed

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 208
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I have a jar file and I'm trying to update its manifest file. I extracted the contents of the jar file and modified the manifest file. I tried to update the jar file with the new manifest file, but the manifest was not added to the jar file. Here is the command I used: jar uf myfile.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
 
MyExamCloud Software Support
Ranch Hand
Posts: 692
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Try with WIN RAR extractor tool. You can easily update.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 679
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Fred Victa wrote:Here is the command I used: jar uf myfile.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF


You need to include the 'm' option to add a manifest file to a jar.
 
Fred Victa
Ranch Hand
Posts: 208
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Stuart A. Burkett wrote:

Fred Victa wrote:Here is the command I used: jar uf myfile.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF


You need to include the 'm' option to add a manifest file to a jar.



I found that the command was this: jar ufm jar-file manifest-addition
 
Fred Victa
Ranch Hand
Posts: 208
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

koilraj abraham wrote:Try with WIN RAR extractor tool. You can easily update.



Thank you.
 
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!