• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Junilu Lacar
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • Paul Clapham
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Henry Wong
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Piet Souris
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Jesse Duncan
  • Frits Walraven
  • Mikalai Zaikin

interesting pre-req for the jsf certification

 
author & internet detective
Posts: 41125
848
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The exam has a pre-requisite of the programmer exam (SCJP/OCPJP) or the architect exam (SCEA/OCMEA). That's interesting. It's the first exam I've seen that allowed the architect exam as a pre-req.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1376
Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
May be it was a typing error as now I do not find per-requiste section of this exam on Oracle website [ http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=5001&get_params=p_exam_id:1Z0-896 ]
Also, exam code is incorrectly mentioned as 1z0-896 on this link http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=651

Btw, when this BETA exam was released ?
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Posts: 41125
848
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Abhay Agarwal wrote:May be it was a typing error as now I do not find per-requiste section of this exam on Oracle website


That is the exam page. On the cert page, a pre-req is still listed


Abhay Agarwal wrote:Btw, when this BETA exam was released ?


I answered this in the other thread.
 
MyExamCloud Software Support
Posts: 712
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:The exam has a pre-requisite of the programmer exam (SCJP/OCPJP) or the architect exam (SCEA/OCMEA). That's interesting. It's the first exam I've seen that allowed the architect exam as a pre-req.



But other than OCMJEA all the other Java EE certifications (Both Java EE 5 and 6) have the prior exam, prior exam should be Oracle or Sun Certified Java Programmer any version OR Oracle or Sun certified Java Enterprise Architect Master (any version).
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Posts: 41125
848
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

koilraj abraham wrote:But other than OCMJEA all the other Java EE certifications (Both Java EE 5 and 6) have the prior exam, prior exam should be Oracle or Sun Certified Java Programmer any version OR Oracle or Sun certified Java Enterprise Architect Master (any version).


My understanding was that only the Java Programmer was a pre-req for most exams. For example, the Developer cert says "Oracle Certified Professional, Java (SE 5, SE 6,or SE 7) Programmer or Sun Certified Java Programmer (any edition)". Not the architect exam.
 
Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic