Direct hire position in Temple Texas for a Java Developer with mobile application experience. The candidate needs the following
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field.
At least 5 years of writing functional Java design specifications.
At least 7 years experience of Java Enterprise Application Development including any of the following: Servlets, JDBC, WebServices (Rest or SOAP), Java Server Pages, XML processing using XSLT, SAX or DOM
At least 2 years experience in Mobile Application Development using iOS/Android SDKs
A good understanding of available mobile application development environments and tools, device limitations and challenges, available communication infrastructures: C/C++, C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net, Objective C Json/Rest/XML/SOAP/Data web services
At least 6 years experience in each of the following 3 areas:
1. Tooling - includes any of the following - Eclipse-based development environment (IBM Rational Application RAD 8.5 or greater), OOAD, and SDLC
2. Web Development - includes any of the following - WEB 2.0, HTML/5, CSS, Experience with one or more of the following
Other experience considered a plus:
1. Database: Stored Procedures, Complex SQL.
2. Struts, Unix Scripting, JMS using WebSphere MQ, J2ME
3. Experience with mobile application development platforms/frameworks/tools including: Xamarin, IBM Worklight, Kony, Sencha Touch, Query Mobile, Phonegap, Cordova
4. Knowledge of push notifications APNS/GCM/Blackberry Push
5. API/backend development experience
Strong communication skills.
Good time management.
Ability to work independently and with other team members.
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Design, estimate, develop, document, and implement well tested solutions that satisfy the requirements of each application development request within the allocated time and budget for each request.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
Create documentation where appropriate.
Provide detailed status updates when needed.
Log accurate information into the time-tracking system.
Continuously learn new tools and environments and acquire new skills to maintain and enhance job performance.
Ensure that requirements and development deliverables match the design specifications.
Ensure that the test plans match the requirements.
Ensure that the test results match the test plans.
Provide high-level and detailed estimates.
Create an appropriate Test environment for the project team to work with and validate the delivered solutions.
Create high-level and detailed developer specifications.
Develop and tests solutions using the Development tools in the environment that meet the company standards.
Provide the appropriate implementation documentation for installs. Manage and execute the system-testing process and UAT process.
Support implementation and post-implementation activities.
Ensure that company methodology is followed.