Win a copy of Cross-Platform Desktop Applications: Using Node, Electron, and NW.js this week in the JavaScript forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

How does resolving a topic work?  RSS feed

 
Aftab Hassan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 40
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,
When I mouse hover over this thread from the main page, it says "Staff <insert-name> thinks this thread is probably resolved."
Actually, I had already marked this thread as resolved.

Going forward, is there anything else the OP need to do to ensure that a thread is marked resolved ?

Sorry, I'm relatively new to this wonderful forum.
 
Jaikiran Pai
Sheriff
Posts: 10447
227
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Note: This topic was split from a different discussion.


Aftab Hassan wrote:
When I mouse hover over this thread from the main page, it says "Staff <insert-name> thinks this thread is probably resolved."
Actually, I had already marked this thread as resolved.


OP requests a topic to be marked as resolved. In this case, that's what you did. Some moderator can then accept that request and mark it as resolved and that's when you see the resolved status on the thread and the mouse over you are seeing. The important point to note is that the OP can only request for the topic to be marked as resolved.

I hope that explains how topic resolve works.

 
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender
Posts: 12529
48
Chrome Java Linux
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Just a quick note - this is discussed in our Ranch Guide. Scroll down about 2/3 of the way on the page.
 
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal
Posts: 66143
141
IntelliJ IDE Java jQuery Mac Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
And to make it clear to everyone: this is not a way to ask that your question receive attention. It's a way to say "I believe that my question has been answered already."
 
Aftab Hassan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 40
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Bear Bibeault wrote:And to make it clear to everyone: this is not a way to ask that your question receive attention. It's a way to say "I believe that my question has been answered already."

Thanks Bear Bibeault

fred rosenberger wrote:Just a quick note - this is discussed in our Ranch Guide. Scroll down about 2/3 of the way on the page.

Thanks fred

Jaikiran Pai wrote:Note: This topic was split from a different discussion.I hope that explains how topic resolve works.

Yes it does, thanks Jaikiran
 
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!