• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

trouble with custom EL tag function  RSS feed

 
J. Kevin Robbins
Bartender
Posts: 1801
28
Chrome Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser jQuery Linux MySQL Database Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Here is the function that I want to call:


Here is the portion of the TLD file:

And the JSP lines:


But on the web page the dates are still being output as yyyyMMdd instead of being formatted by the function. No errors in the log. I can't seem to debug it because setting a breakpoint in the stringToMMddyyyy() method doesn't work, so either it's never getting called or EL functions don't debug like regular methods.

Any idea what I've done wrong?
 
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal
Posts: 66207
151
IntelliJ IDE Java jQuery Mac Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
What's in the HTML that's sent to the browser?
 
J. Kevin Robbins
Bartender
Posts: 1801
28
Chrome Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser jQuery Linux MySQL Database Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Here's one row. Line 4 is the date that I'm testing on.
 
J. Kevin Robbins
Bartender
Posts: 1801
28
Chrome Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser jQuery Linux MySQL Database Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
A simple System.out.println inserted into the static method indicates that it's never being called. This never outputs to the log.


And yet the value in record.dateWorkOrderInput shows up in the html. Puzzling.
 
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal
Posts: 66207
151
IntelliJ IDE Java jQuery Mac Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
So, I'm confused. What's showing in the HTML where you placed the call to the function?
 
J. Kevin Robbins
Bartender
Posts: 1801
28
Chrome Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser jQuery Linux MySQL Database Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Line 4 in my previous post. The td containing 20140527. That's the value in record.dateWorkOrderInput, so it's seeing the value but it's not processing it through the function I created. Here's a little more of the jsp if that helps:


Crap. I think I found the issue. ${maintrecs} is a list of beans, but I've converted the servlet call to an Ajax response, so this table is not getting built the way I think it is. The servlet is already done with the jsp before DataTables gets the Ajax string and builds the table.

Damn, I feel stupid. I've got to drop back for minute, pause a bit and rethink this.
 
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!