This week's giveaway is in the Cloud/Virtualization forum. We're giving away four copies of Secure Financial Transactions with Ansible, Terraform, and OpenSCAP and have Lucian Maly on-line! See this thread for details.
Aspose is proud to expand its Java products family with the addition of a new product; Aspose.Diagram for Java . We’re committed and work to extend our community. A lot of work was put into porting and testing the code for the new API. It took longer than we expected but we finally got it out the door. Aspose.Diagram for Java is fully ported from the Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. One of the many benefits that the porting process gives you is the ability to use any new feature implemented in the .NET version because it is available automatically in the ported Java version. This release includes plenty of important features as listed below
- Add and connect Visio shapes – Aspose.Diagram for Java allows developers to add customized shapes and connect them in the diagrams they create. A connection point is a special point on a shape that developers can “glue” connectors to.
- Insert a new blank page into a Visio drawing – Aspose.Diagram for Java can insert a new blank page into a Microsoft Visio drawing. Developers have the option to create a new blank background or foreground page.
- Retrieve Visio connector information – Aspose.Diagram for Java provides mechanisms for retrieving the information that Visio stores about connectors, for example ID and name.
- Retrieve drawing font information – This article shows how to find out which fonts are used in a diagram. Once fonts are installed in the operating system, they are available to your Office programs.
- Lay out Visio shapes automatically – With certain types of connected drawings, such as flowcharts and network diagrams, you can use the layout shapes feature to automatically position shapes. Automatic positioning is faster than manually dragging each shape to a new location.
- Extract all images from a Visio page – In Microsoft Visio, pages are either foreground or background pages. You can extract images from a particular page of a Visio file.
- Add comments to Visio drawings - Aspose.Diagram for Java allows you to place comments anywhere on a diagram page.
- Get the shapes connected to a particular shape – This article explains how to find shapes that are connected to a specific shape.
- Get the connectors glued to a particular shape – This article explains how to find connectors that are glued to a particular shape.
- Rotate a shape with suitable angle - Rotating shape in Microsoft Visio is supported. Aspose.Diagram API allows developers to rotate a shape to any angle.
- Find and replace a shape’s text – Developers can search and replace the text of a shape.
- Add a hyperlink to a Visio shape – This article describes how to add one or more hyperlinks to Visio shapes. A link can jump to another page in the same Visio drawing or diagram, to another Visio drawing, or to a non-Visio document.
- Create user defined cell in the ShapeSheet – The user-defined cells section is a place where we can store information about the shape that does not appear by default. This example describes how developers can add as many user name rows as they need, assign meaningful names to the rows, and set cell values.
- Working with protection on a diagram or shape – While creating complex diagrams in Visio, you might need to protect either a whole diagram or a single shape. Aspose.Diagram prevents or allows changes to a diagram or shape attributes.
Aspose.Diagram for Java supports any operating system that runs Java runtime, including Microsoft Windows desktops and servers, Linux, Ubuntu, and Mac OS X. It runs on J2SE 1.4.x, J2SE 5.0 (1.5), J2SE 6.0 (1.6) or higher.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Diagram for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Diagram for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Diagram is a class library for working with MS Visio files & is a pure Java alternate for MS Visio Object Model. It is a standalone Visio Java library and does not depend on Microsoft Office Visio. It enables developers to work with VSD & VDX files and they can open files & Add & manipulate the elements of the diagram, export Visio files to PDF, XML, HTML, images format, SVG & several other formats, Rotate a shape, Add a hyperlink to a Visio shape, protect diagram shape and many more. Aspose.Diagram can be used with any kind of application, whether it’s a Web Application or a Windows Desktop Application.