The new version of Aspose.BarCode for Java 6.0.0 has been released. There are many different types of barcodes, often referred to as barcode symbologies. From this release, the Aspose.BarCode API enables developers to decode the Code16K symbology. In the previous version, we added Code16K encoding; now both encoding and decoding Code16K are supported. Users can now retrieve all possible 1D barcodes using a single method call. The BarCodeReader.getAllPossibleBarCodes method allows them to do so. Please find the details of this feature in the documentation topic: Get all Possible 1D Barcodes from an Image. Barcode recognition percentage gives a clear picture based on the quality and performance parameters. The BarCodeReader.getRecognitionQuality method helps with that. We noticed time and memory consumption problems with the PatchCode symbology. When scanning PatchCodes from TIFF files memory consumption was around 150MB to 200MB. This has is now been fixed and memory usage is now around 40MB. Also, these sample graphics now take only 1.6 seconds to be recognized. The DataMatrix performance with large pictures has been upgraded. Previously, it took too long to be recognized. Key factors of this improvement are “Diagonal check” and “Strict angle check”. It’s now easy to generate multiple barcodes on a single image. We just need to follow a simple code snippet. The BarCodeBuilder.setThrowExceptionWhenCodeTextIncorrect method has been added for 1D barcodes. If the code text is incorrect and the value is set to true, an exception is thrown; else, the code text is corrected to match the barcode’s specification. An exception is always thrown for Databar symbologies if the code text is incorrect. It is never thrown for AustraliaPost, SingapurePost, Code39Extended, Code93Extended, Code16K, and Code128 symbologies if codetext is incorrect. Please see the following topic for help: 1D Barcodes with Optional Exception Message in Case of Wrong Code Text. Below is the list of main improved features and bug fixes added in this release.
- Recognition quality significative
- Code16K recognition
- Datamatrix performance with heavy picture
- Generate multiple barcodes on one image
- Problem with small barcode is resolved
- Incorrect Code128 barcode generation is fixed when a few FNC chars are present
- Incorrect recognition is fixed for DataMatrix symbology
- Incorrect DataMatrix code detection from a Pdf file is fixed
- Incorrect code text is fixed when tried to recognize DataMatrix code from a PDF file
- PDF417 code do not support carriage returns is now fixed
- Incorrect code text is fixed when tried to recognize Code128 code from a PDF file
- Incorrect Pdf417 bar code recognition from a JPG image is resolved
- Problem of time and memory consumption with PatchCode in the Tiff file format is now fixed
- QR code recognition from jpg images is fixed
- Improved QR code recognition from jpg image
- Incorrect DataMatrix code recognition from a Pdf file is now fixed
- Incorrect recognized text from Pdf417 barcode is now fixed
- Incorrect code text appearance is resolved for the Pharmacode symbology
- Public API: Remove BinarizedBitmap class
- Performance has decreased with v4.6.0
- Barcode recognition becomes slower with 64bits operating system architecture.
- Performance issue is resolved with Patch Code in a TIFF file format
- Update Code128 encoder
- Raise a proper error message when exceeding code text of Pharmacode
- Rewrite PDF417 recognition
- PatchCode detection changes
- BarCode encoder new public property: bool ThrowExceptionWhenCodeTextIncorrect for 1D barcodes.
- Remove Code128CodeSet
- Remove Code128CodeBuilder
- GetAllPossibleBarCodes for 1D only
- Can't recognize QR codes from JPG images
- Unable to recognize Code128 barcode from a png file
- Each getOnlyBarCodeImage call leave a temp file open
- A big allocated memory for the JVM is required to recognize a bar code
- Unable to recognize Pdf417 bar code from a JPG image
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.BarCode for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.BarCode for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.BarCode is a Java based visual component for generation & recognition of 1D & 2D barcodes to support Java and web applications. It supports 29+ barcode symbologies like MSI, QR, OneCode, Australia Post, Aztec, Code128, Code11, EAN128, Codabar, Postnet, USPS and also supports image output in GIF, PNG, BMP & JPG formats. Other features include barcode size & color settings, rotation angle & caption. You can render barcodes to images, printers, HTTP servlet response & graphical objects too.