I am posting this job opportunity for Java Architect in Chevy Chase, MD. The Client is a Fortune 50 company. The suite of web services, which will be used by internal developers to enable fiscal information anytime, anywhere and in any way possible to make transactions.
The primary responsibility of the candidate if selected will be to provide architecture and infrastructure support Internet Customers Application Infrastructure utilizing Java technologies. The person will also be part of the team that architects, develops, documents, and publishes standards and procedures for Clients’s internet applications.
• Plan, Architect, Design, Develop and Release a Mule ESB-based Integration Platform.
• Solution Architect Study, review and validate the business and technical requirements
• Create and drive the integration solution architecture, design and approach
• Apply architectural and developmental best practices for integrating with Mule ESB
• Assist, review and validate the installation and configuration of the various environments, such as Development, QA, Staging, Production, etc.
• Conduct discovery activities to understand and document user stories
• and product backlog
• Define and ensure adherence to integration best practices and
• Mentor and assist with Reference Implementations
• Design and develop features and functionality
• Define and create test cases and conduct manual testing for
• implemented solution
• Conduct manual testing for implemented solution
• Provide ongoing assessments of deployed solutions
• Bug fixes and enhancements during Unit Testing and UAT phases
***Occasional overnight support of Production changes will be required, so a flexible schedule is a necessity.
Required Skills/ years of experience needed
• Expert level knowledge of Java Spring Framework, ESB, JSF etc.
• Proven experience in end-to-end problem determination/troubleshooting system issues.
• Knowledge of Internet architecture/infrastructure support activities and Mobile Systems will be a plus.
• Knowledge of Puppet Software or similar tool for Configuration Management.
• Work in a team oriented environment and ability to communicate effectively within teams.
• Demonstrated ability to manage day to day execution of solution definition and maintenance with moderate to minimal support of lead. Ability to escalate and resolve issues when appropriate.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - including verbal, written, and presentation. Ability to tailor communication to audience.
• Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, within and across organizational and project boundaries.
If you live in a cold climate and on the grid, incandescent light can use less energy than LED. Tiny ad: