Aspose development team is pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Cells for Android 8.2.0 . The Aspose.Cells for Android API is equally useful in multi-threading environment as in a single thread execution plan. However, recent changes to the core make the API more reliable when reading cell values in multiple threads simultaneously. Aspose.Cells for Android has exposed the MultiThreadReading property for the Cells class in order to make sure that the correct cell values are returned when API works in a multi-threading environment. For more details, have a look at the detailed article on Simultaneously Reading Cell Values with Multiple Threads. Now you may also use the new overloads we have included to this release – autoFitRows(int startRow, int endRow, AutoFitterOptions options) and autoFitColumns(int firstColumn, int lastColumn, AutoFitterOptions options) – from the list if you need to auto-fit rows or columns with the desired AutoFitterOptions. Aspose.Cells for Android 8.2.0 has provided fixes and other enhancements for several important issues, such as, reading/writing Microsoft Excel files, calculating formulas, manipulating charts and shapes, sheet to image conversion bugs, etc. Enhanced the PDF rendering engine to handle shapes better and improvements to the core for better handling of embedded OleObjects are also part of this new release. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- Rendering issue with Shapes (Spinner,ScrollBars) while converting to HTML file format
- Issue with reading shape values in Excel 2003 file format
- Embedded Object Icons are Converted to Arrows when edited with Excel 2013 and loaded back
- Data not same as source in the output PDF
- Vertical border lines are missing in the output PDF
- Number 5 is missing below 1 in the output PDF
- % is missing in the output PDF
- Files corrupted after conversion
- Shape overlapping the text in the resultant PDF
- Incorrect Shape Rendering : The resulted PDF has a trimmed shape with a part of the cross not shown
- Check Boxes are not aligned properly in the resultant PDF
- Bubble properties changed in the chart when re-saving the template XLSX file
- Updating the Linked Cell with Chainese Characters and rendering it to HTML results in '?' (Question) Marks
- Text is cuted off when converting to PDF
- Characters are overlapping when converting xls to tiff
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Android documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Cells for Android is a MS Excel spreadsheet component that allows programmer to develop android applications for reading, writing & manipulate Excel spreadsheets (XLS, XLSX, XLSM, SpreadsheetML, CSV, tab delimited) and HTML file formats without needing to rely on Microsoft Excel. It supports robust formula calculation engine, pivot tables, VBA, workbook encryption, named ranges, custom charts, spreadsheet formatting, drawing objects like images, OLE objects & importing or creating charts.