A global financial services client requires an Intermediate to Senior Level (5-10 years’ experience) Java Developer
to create a distributed caching platform for multiple rest based applications in the Sales Revenue group.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Type of Position: This is a contract position. Initial contract is for 12 months.
Things you need to have: - Strong Java Fundamentals with some experience in Framework development
- Experience in dealing with multithreading, collections and memory management concerns
- Knowledge of the Spring Framework
- Development tools such as Eclipse, Crucible, and JIRA
- Strong emphasis on code coverage using Testing frameworks like JUnit and mocking techniques
- Debugging, profiling and performance tuning applications
- Data-intensive applications and server-side development is a plus
- Navigating, editing files, and executing commands in a Linux/Unix environment
Duties: The successful candidate will be responsible for creating an API which will allow for multiple REST services to flexibly
define rules that can enable their responses to be cached selectively. The developer will collaborate with multiple
development teams to draw up requirements for this caching API.
The responsibility will expand to include development of management and user usage tracking tools.