• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

can i appear for izo-803??

 
Akshay Rawal
Ranch Hand
Posts: 99
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
guys i need your help..i have practice test from kathy seira ocjp 6 ..i appeared for only questions which covers izo-803 objectives..till final practice exam 4 i landed to 48%

i appeared for enthuware mock test of 90 questions
1> 52%
2>62%
3>58%
4>64%
5>57%
6>last day not yet appeared

it means move much ever i practice i am landing up with score between 55-60% and even in every test i am left back with 10-13 questions which i am solving randomly

shall i appear?? i have practiced enough and now i am totally saturated..and my friend gave news that now i have to appear 70 questions in 2 hours and passing is 65%..

 
K. Tsang
Bartender
Posts: 3583
16
Android Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Akshay Rawal wrote:shall i appear?? i have practiced enough and now i am totally saturated..and my friend gave news that now i have to appear 70 questions in 2 hours and passing is 65%..


Exam 1Z0-803 is the OCAJP7 exam. Using the K&B OCPJP6 study guide only covers like 90% of the OCAJP7 exam. The other 10% or so is obviously Java 7 new features.

The OCAJP7 exam is indeed 70 questions, 2 hours (120 mins) and the passing score is 63%.

Based on your mock exam scores (in the 50-65 range), I recommend you study a bit more and try to get in the 70% in the mocks. Understanding what you got wrong in the mocks will give you a clue of what topics you need to review.

Also I suggest you use a OCA7 study guide because the OCPJP6 covers OCPJP topics which may confuse you "is this in the exam" thinking.

Also the time duration to 2 hours should not be your primary concern when preparing because if you do know your stuff, you should have time to review your answers at least once in the exam.
 
Akshay Rawal
Ranch Hand
Posts: 99
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
i wanted to appear on 22 sept ..will 1 week enough if i try more hard??..else my exam will be delayed for 2 months since i have to work on projects for college submissions even my university exam is in November and i did not study because i was busy in certification study.. will 1 week be enough??
 
Sergej Smoljanov
Ranch Hand
Posts: 467
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I think it will be risky. not impossible, but you can lost money.
If you try my suggest: you study and before you pay try some mock test (like enthuware (for example last day). if you score well - go, if no - not
 
Akshay Rawal
Ranch Hand
Posts: 99
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
thanks Sergej for your advice i will still clarify my concepts before appearing
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal
Posts: 35279
384
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Also, analyze why you are getting these questions wrong/solving them randomly. This implies there is some underlying concept you aren't understanding.
 
Akshay Rawal
Ranch Hand
Posts: 99
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
i understood my maximum marks are going in exception handling, garbage collection, wrapper class concept

inheritance, casting , looping , string string builder concepts are almost clear and i am not loosing much marks there

sometimes i am getting confused in array initialization...

guys one thing to be frank after studying for this certification i realized that how much effort Mala Gupta , Jeanne Boyarsky , Kathy Seira , Bruce Eckel , Enthuware test (Hanumant Deshmukh)and various authors who writes books on certification and computer language take , so that people like me find everything readymade to study
 
hamada yam
Ranch Hand
Posts: 41
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Don't bother about wrapper classes so much, try to concentrate and improve your performance in exception handling, garbage collection and array initialization. Also aim to score much higher in mock exams and revise your mistake, try to make a note why you made such and such mistake.
 
Akshay Rawal
Ranch Hand
Posts: 99
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
ok i should score more high ...
 
Akshay Rawal
Ranch Hand
Posts: 99
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
and how much time it require for an student to clear exam izo-803??..i dont have any work experience.. i did c and c++ ,from June onward i am doing java..
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic