Hello. If you have a minute, this is driving me over the edge. I've used ojdbc14.jar in the past and never really had any issues. However, I am getting strange errors today with just some very basic code for testing and I have tried ojdbc14.jar, ojdbc5.jar, ojdbc6.jar
I'm not exactly sure what jvm lotus notes 8.5.3 is running (I know 8.5.3 is running jvm6) so I tried both ojdbc5 and ojdbc6. Give the same error.
The code is doing virtually nothing else (except some object declarations). I've eliminated everything else to try to get to the source of this issue. It's a local Lotus notes agent and I have the connection in it's own try block where the OutOfBoundsexception is caught...
Dave, here is a full stack trace...I can't make anything out of it except something with authentication, but it seems to be with te driver and not on the server...
DEFAULT EXCEPTION - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: -1
at lotus.domino.AgentBase.runNotes(Unknown Source)
at lotus.domino.NotesThread.run(Unknown Source)
I was just thinking about it,, I didn't download ojdbc5 and ojdbc6 from Oracle because I couldn't find them I downloaded them from www.java2s.com. Could they be screwed up versions, maybe? I still cant find where to download tem direct from Oracle...
But then again, the code with ojdbc14.jar (which I've used for years) is throwing practically the same exception with the full stack trace, just from a different method...it has this at the top
at oracle.gss.util.NLSLocale.getNLSLanguage(NLSLocale.java.675)...then the rest of the trace is viertually the same across all ojdbc14, ojdbc5, ojdbc6
I've been googling on the T4CTTloadAuthenticate.SetSessionFields and see people with apparently the same issue but no solutions yet. Ugh. But the first line of the trace using ojdbc14 seems to indicate a Locale language issue, whatever that is.
Dave, thank you. yeah, like earlier, I go to the Oracle site and when I follow the link to ojdbc5.jar or ojdbc6.jar, they take me to some other "overview" page, I can't seem to locate the specific jars for download...
I have to find out what version of Oracle form the admins. I'm starting to think it's not the drivers though since ojdbc14.jar which I've used for years threw the same thing. I have to set up the jdk on the lotus notes pc to run standalone outside of lotus notes, but ultimately, this has to run in lotus notes.
Ok. I think I found something. I ran it standalone Java as you suggested K. Tsang and it connected. I remembered something about Lotus Notes and external jars and moved the ojdbc5.jar file to Lotus\Notes\jvm\lib\ext directory and it seems to work ok now now. I have ojdbc5.jar as part of the "project" in the agent so apparently external jars have to go to Lotus\Notes\jvm\lib\ext as well. There must be a way to not have to do that since they have the option to add to the agent "project" but at least this vague error has 86'd itself (for now, hopefully forever, but I haven't even started the SQL).
Thank you again for reading about this hurdle, guys.