Win a copy of OCP Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 11 Programmer I Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-815 this week in the Programmer Certification forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Junilu Lacar
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Bear Bibeault
Sheriffs:
  • Knute Snortum
  • Devaka Cooray
  • Tim Cooke
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Ron McLeod
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Paweł Baczyński
  • Piet Souris
  • Vijitha Kumara

Apache ODE on OpenShift calling remote web-service timeout

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys,

I've got a pretty annoying little issue here.

I have the following configuration:

Tomcat 7 gear running on OpenShift Online. I deployed Apache ODE as a webapp and tested a simple BPEL workflow (Echo test) that worked perfectly. I have 2 more gears on OpenShift both running WildFly8 servers and some web-services. I created a workflow for ODE that calles these services. When I test the workflow on my local PC running Tomcat 7 and Apache ODE it works just fine. However, on OpenShift I have the following issue:

When ODE tries to call a remote web-service it tells its Axis libraries to create a socket. Since binding sockets to "localhost" on OpenShift is not allowed, I get an exception. I modified the org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open() method to bind the socket to the local OpenShift IP of my gear instead of localhost and got rid of the bind exception. However, the remote web-service doesn't seem to respond to my request:



This is the article that gave me this idea:https://www.openshift.com/forums/openshift/commons-httpclient-permission-denied

Again, when testing the exact same workflow on my PC with the exact same web-services it works just fine, so the WildFly8 servers and web-services are not the issue.

I am grateful for any tips, I've been at this for almost a week now...
 
Poop goes in a willow feeder. Wipe with this tiny ad:
Java file APIs (DOC, XLS, PDF, and many more)
https://products.aspose.com/total/java
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!