Please, I am stuck for many days having always the same error. I am testing the helloWorld apache cxf example where I added an interceptor to get information from the HTTP header.
I am developing using IDEA Intellij 11.0.2 and it works wonderfully when I test it inside Intellij but when I deploy the artifact in WebLogic 12c I have always a null pointer exception.
I am having the same error in a local WebLogic 12c in my personal computer (Windows 7 Professional) and also in WebLogic 12c in a UNIX server AIX 7.1.
I use JDK 1.7.0 plus Apache CXF 2.7.12.
When I debug the code in IDEA Intellij, I see that the interceptor constructor is executed and the handleMessage too, so everything works fine. But when debugging in WebLogic, the constructor is executed but the handleMessage is never executed.
Variable "message" is correctly populated when I execute/debug in IDEA Intellij but it is always NULL when I execute/debug in WebLogic. Anyway, I think the problem is happening before becuase as I wrote, "handleMessage" is never invoked in WebLogic but in IDEA Intellij is.
I add some screenshots of the debugging in IDEA Intellij and WebLogic to show you what I mean. I changed the line: