This week's book giveaway is in the Agile and Other Processes forum.
We're giving away four copies of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) and have Tom Perry on-line!
See this thread for details.
Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Passed OCAJP7 - 91%, OCPJP7 - 75%

 
Aleksandra Semenova
Ranch Hand
Posts: 31
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Completed the OCPJP today.

Well, OCPJP7 is more difficult then OCAJP7, but I was still expecting a bit better score. Anyway its a pass, so I am happy with that.
I had a lot of questions on design patterns, string processing(which I don't like), io, nio2, about 5 questions on JDBC, and maybe 15- 20% from OCAJP(especially - Inheritance, overriding, overloading, abstract classes, casting etc.)
In general they were less difficult than Enthuware mocks - there my score was from 59% to 69%.

Study materials:
1. G Ganesh, Tushar Sharma
2. Oracle tutorial
3. javadoc
4. Enthuware

Enthuware is a great tool! Used that for the first exam also, and will use again for future exams. Will defiantly recommend it to others.
And lot's LOT"S of small programs to test as many cases as possible.
Good luck to everyone!
 
Akshay Rawal
Ranch Hand
Posts: 99
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
congrats Aleksandra nice to here that you have cleared both ...i cleared ocajp and planning for izo-804...

i don't have any experience with topic mentioned in izo-804 ..all are completly new for me..can you say how much time it will require to achieve it
 
Aleksandra Semenova
Ranch Hand
Posts: 31
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Akshay Rawal wrote:congrats Aleksandra nice to here that you have cleared both ...i cleared ocajp and planning for izo-804...

i don't have any experience with topic mentioned in izo-804 ..all are completly new for me..can you say how much time it will require to achieve it


Good day.

It depends on what you read, how much time per day can you prepare.
But approximately around six month, you should be good for the exam.
 
Mouad Morabit
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations ! I got the OCAJP7 too and now just started preparing for the OCP 7, wish I can get it someday
 
Aleksandra Semenova
Ranch Hand
Posts: 31
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Mouad Morabit wrote:Congratulations ! I got the OCAJP7 too and now just started preparing for the OCP 7, wish I can get it someday


Thank you.

Monster is not as ugly as it was described, you will do it shortly.
 
Joe Harry
Ranch Hand
Posts: 10128
3
Eclipse IDE Mac PPC Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations!
 
Jhonson Fernando
MyExamCloud Software Support
Ranch Hand
Posts: 683
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Aleksandra Semenova, Congratulations Champion!
 
Aleksandra Semenova
Ranch Hand
Posts: 31
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks a lot guys, this forum is fantastic.
 
Stal Alexandr
Greenhorn
Posts: 17
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Aleksandra, my congratulations!
What is your next step? OCWCD or something else?
My average scores at Enthuware are about 50+% now, hope up it to 60+% and then try pass.
 
Aleksandra Semenova
Ranch Hand
Posts: 31
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Stal Alexandr wrote:Aleksandra, my congratulations!
What is your next step? OCWCD or something else?
My average scores at Enthuware are about 50+% now, hope up it to 60+% and then try pass.


Hi, Thank you very much.
Yes the next step is OCWCD, as I want to move that way, but first relevant work experience.

Regarding your score - Enthuware is more difficult then the real exam, so when you hit 70% there, you ready to go.
It's also important to refresh knowledge from OCA, as there surprisingly many questions testing the basics.
 
zach zhang
Ranch Hand
Posts: 48
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Aleksandra Semenova wrote:

string processing(which I don't like)



Hi Aleksandra:

Could tell me more about string process? is it about format? regex? or other topics?

thanks
 
Aleksandra Semenova
Ranch Hand
Posts: 31
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
zach zhang wrote:
Aleksandra Semenova wrote:

string processing(which I don't like)



Hi Aleksandra:

Could tell me more about string process? is it about format? regex? or other topics?

thanks


Hi, format and regex. You have to memorize common Regular expressions, which I was struggling with the most. Glob pattern also(when searching file\directory).
 
Jhonson Fernando
MyExamCloud Software Support
Ranch Hand
Posts: 683
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Yes Aleksandra Semenova, I agree with you, OCPJP is quit difficult than OCAJP. To achieve with 80+ score you need to work harder, want to practice more then only you can achieve at least 80+ Score. Hard work, practice and dedication is the only key to get success.

Anyway congratulations for both OCAJP and OCPJP, go ahead for the other certifications with confidence prepare well. Good Luck.
 
Aleksandra Semenova
Ranch Hand
Posts: 31
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
koilraj abraham wrote:Yes Aleksandra Semenova, I agree with you, OCPJP is quit difficult than OCAJP. To achieve with 80+ score you need to work harder, want to practice more then only you can achieve at least 80+ Score. Hard work, practice and dedication is the only key to get success.

Anyway congratulations for both OCAJP and OCPJP, go ahead for the other certifications with confidence prepare well. Good Luck.


Thank's.
You right! There is only one person to blame for not a great score, is myself. Didn't study enough.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic