• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Errata for Book OCA/OCP Java SE 7 from Sierra and Bates

 
Markus Schneider
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

Is there an errata for the new Book OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide, Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates, McGraw-Hill Education. I found a mistake on the Self Test in chapter 1, question 9. There should be an opening curly bracket on line 4 after extends Hobbit or the answers should have a choice that the programs compilation fails on line 4.

Does any one know an errata for this book where I can post / find mistakes in the book while I'm studying for the exams?

cheers,
Markus
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Markus,

First of all, a warm welcome to the CodeRanch!

Markus Schneider wrote:I found a mistake on the Self Test in chapter 1, question 9. There should be an opening curly bracket on line 4 after extends Hobbit or the answers should have a choice that the programs compilation fails on line 4.

This mistake was already reported (and confirmed) in this thread.

Markus Schneider wrote:Does any one know an errata for this book where I can post / find mistakes in the book while I'm studying for the exams?

The book was published just 1 week ago. As far as I know there currently isn't an errata for this book. Maybe we can start here a thread to post all mistakes in the books. I'll create the (sticky) thread within short notice.

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel
 
Markus Schneider
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thank you Roel for your fast reply. A thread that we can use as a replacement for an errata would be great.

kind regrads,
Markus
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Markus Schneider wrote:A thread that we can use as a replacement for an errata would be great.

This thread is already in place here, ready for all your discoveries (hopefully not too much or I did - as a technical reviewer - a bad job )

Happy reading & studying!
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic