• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

getting a Deprecated warning  RSS feed

 
Rahul ssingh
Greenhorn
Posts: 9
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Following is the warning on using readLine().
The method readLine from the type DataInputStream is Deprecated.
An additional line suggestion is added by eclipse and that is
@SupressWarnings("deprecation") ;
Can anyone delineate this?
Thanks in advance ☺
 
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal
Posts: 66306
152
IntelliJ IDE Java jQuery Mac Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
What does the javadoc have to say about that method?
 
Rahul ssingh
Greenhorn
Posts: 9
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Bear Bibeault wrote:What does the javadoc have to say about that method?

I couldn't get your question.
 
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal
Posts: 66306
152
IntelliJ IDE Java jQuery Mac Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Have you read the javadoc for this method?
 
Rahul ssingh
Greenhorn
Posts: 9
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Attachment
Deprecated-.jpg
[Thumbnail for Deprecated-.jpg]
here is the screenshot
 
Paul Clapham
Sheriff
Posts: 22828
43
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Bear Bibeault wrote:Have you read the javadoc for this method?
 
Rahul ssingh
Greenhorn
Posts: 9
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
No!
 
Junilu Lacar
Sheriff
Posts: 11485
180
Android Debian Eclipse IDE IntelliJ IDE Java Linux Mac Spring Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Well, then maybe you should, Rahul ... https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/io/DataInputStream.html#readLine()
 
Rahul ssingh
Greenhorn
Posts: 9
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Junilu Lacar wrote:Well, then maybe you should, Rahul ... https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/io/DataInputStream.html#readLine()

Thanks a lot!
 
Junilu Lacar
Sheriff
Posts: 11485
180
Android Debian Eclipse IDE IntelliJ IDE Java Linux Mac Spring Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Glad that helped.

For future reference Rahul, you can rack up a lot of goodwill in these forums if you put in a little effort to fire up your favorite search engine before you ask questions. A simple search for JavaDocs for DataInputStream would have done it.
 
Rahul ssingh
Greenhorn
Posts: 9
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Junilu Lacar wrote:Glad that helped.

For future reference Rahul, you can rack up a lot of goodwill in these forums if you put in a little effort to fire up your favorite search engine before you ask questions. A simple search for JavaDocs for DataInputStream would have done it.

I agree. But only if I knew what javadoc were meant for. I got to learn about them. Now I exactly know what thing to refer before I call out for help here. ☺
 
Junilu Lacar
Sheriff
Posts: 11485
180
Android Debian Eclipse IDE IntelliJ IDE Java Linux Mac Spring Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
In that case, I apologize for assuming you knew more than you did.

There are no stupid questions at the Ranch so if you don't know something, just say something like "Sorry, but what are JavaDocs?" Of course, you can also search online for that but asking the question might have alerted us to the fact that you knew less than what we assumed you did.
 
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!