This week's book giveaway is in the Agile and Other Processes forum. We're giving away four copies of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) and have Tom Perry on-line! See this thread for details.
A javaservlet I maintain connected to a SQL server 2005 database and we connected fine using the sqljdbc.jar in Tomcat/lib and was encrypting using SSL. The interrogation occurred using hibernate and JNDI via Tomcat 7. However we had to migrate the database to SQL server 2008 R2 on a new server and the connection would no longer work. I ensured the credentials were fine for the new server by successfully connecting using SQL Server Management Studio. I found I could make a successful connection using JTDS but now the SSL encryption does not work even when I add the "ssl=require" attribute to the JNDI's URL. For example;