1. Do you think its adviseble to start already to prepare for the OCP Java se 8 or should i wait.
2. Can i savely assume that the upgrade exam topics as listed here are probably on the exam oracle exam 1Z1-810
3. If i studied all of that and after that time.. still the new exam topics are not published. I could just use the OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide (K&B7) to study the topics of OCP SE 7 Programmer II. Probably most of the topics will still be on the new exam?
4. Any other advice?
5. Any expectations for when the OCP Java SE 8 beta exam will be ready? weeks, couple of months? or even more?
6. Any expectations about when there will be study guides available.. I hope there authors planning on writing the guide.
7. Does OCP cost more preperation time then OCA.. if so.. what %??
Post 8/7/2015 6:22:57 PM Subject: study for OCPJP JAVA SE 8
According to Oracle, the approximate expected production exam release date for "1Z1-809
Java SE 8 Programmer II" beta exam has been 10 weeks from beta close date, which works out the end of August '15.
Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:Alan,
Welcome to CodeRanch! Obviously I'm biased so shouldn't be giving you an answer. I do want to mention that our OCPJP 8 book comes out in late December. It is in fact on schedule. We got the very final PDFs this week so it is off to the printer shortly. So if you want to take the OCPJP 8 exam, it'll be out before you are ready to read it. It takes a couple months to study/take the OCAJP exam and you have that first.