Win a copy of Head First Agile this week in the Agile forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Background of Jframe  RSS feed

 
Georgios Chatziefstratiou
Ranch Hand
Posts: 106
3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi there

On a web application i can take a pdf cut it and convert it to html.As a result of this is that i can have my own design(Background) on HTML and then use it on jsp.

Is there a way to do this also in swing ?
take a pdf and convert it to jframe or something similar so that i can have my own frame design (Background)?


thanks in advanced
 
Campbell Ritchie
Marshal
Posts: 55793
164
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Don't ad your image to a frame. Use a panel which expands to fill the entire frame. Then you can add other Components to the panel, and by adjusting their transparency allow the image to show through.

Also, look at the Java Tutorials about top‑level containers. Look at things like x, y and z. The z is probably the crucial dimension in this case.
 
Paul Clapham
Sheriff
Posts: 22530
43
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
And as for making the background of your JPanel display an image... I'm not going to go over it again because the Google keywords jpanel background image lead to many, many links illustrating just how to do that.
 
Darryl Burke
Bartender
Posts: 5167
11
Java Netbeans IDE Opera
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Of course, you can also use the JLayer class that was added in Java 7.

How to Decorate Components with the JLayer Class
 
Maneesh Godbole
Bartender
Posts: 11445
18
Android Eclipse IDE Google Web Toolkit Java Mac Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Darryl Burke wrote:Of course, you can also use the JLayer class that was added in Java 7.

I haven't used JLayer and after going through the link I am a bit confused.
1) I get the impression that it is a more beefed up version of the glass pane. Whereas glasspane covers the while frame, JLayer seems to be on a component level. Most useful usage I found was illegal input indicator
2) From what I understand, it sits on top of the component. I do not see how it can be used for the background.
 
Georgios Chatziefstratiou
Ranch Hand
Posts: 106
3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello there and thanks for your response.None of your answers is what i asked you.

What i need is not a java lesson or how to do it with layers.
What i need is


1)I have a pdf .

2) I cut it with photoshop """"Slices""""

3)covert it to HTML


$)convert it to jsp.


IS there a way to do it also in swing or do i have to do it with layers .
If yes what is the way if not thanks
 
Paul Clapham
Sheriff
Posts: 22530
43
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Georgios Chatziefstratiou wrote:1)I have a pdf .

2) I cut it with photoshop """"Slices""""

3)covert it to HTML


$)convert it to jsp.


IS there a way to do it also in swing or do i have to do it with layers .


Using Photoshop? Converting something to JSP? Obviously there's something I don't understand because I have no idea where Swing would come into this picture. Swing allows you to create a GUI so that you can display data to the user. There's no display at all in your requirements there.
 
Georgios Chatziefstratiou
Ranch Hand
Posts: 106
3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Paul Clapham wrote:
Georgios Chatziefstratiou wrote:1)I have a pdf .

2) I cut it with photoshop """"Slices""""

3)covert it to HTML


$)convert it to jsp.


IS there a way to do it also in swing or do i have to do it with layers .


Using Photoshop? Converting something to JSP? Obviously there's something I don't understand because I have no idea where Swing would come into this picture. Swing allows you to create a GUI so that you can display data to the user. There's no display at all in your requirements there.


Yes you can do it.

that 's why i ask about swing.

thanks
 
Paul Clapham
Sheriff
Posts: 22530
43
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Okay. So your problem is solved then?
 
Georgios Chatziefstratiou
Ranch Hand
Posts: 106
3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Paul Clapham wrote:Okay. So your problem is solved then?


no but thanks
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!