• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

The same answer was written twice in a question, on page 96 (Java OCA 8 Programmer I Study Guide)

 
Mushfiq Mammadov
Ranch Hand
Posts: 187
25
Java jQuery Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
On page 96, Chapter 2, the 8th question, the answers C and E are the same:

C. false, 20, true
E. false, 20, true

Is it possible in a real exam?
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Mushfiq Mammadov wrote:Hi,
On page 96, Chapter 2, the 8th question, the answers C and E are the same:

C. false, 20, true
E. false, 20, true

I assume one of both answer will probably be true, 20, true (because that one is missing from the list).

Mushfiq Mammadov wrote:Is it possible in a real exam?

It's of course possible on the real exam, because humans make mistakes But it's very unlikely. I took 5 certification exams until this moment and I never noticed a duplicate answer.

And if you would encounter a duplicate answer, it can only be an issue if it is (one of) the correct answer. E.g. if you have to select just 1 correct answer, you'll have to select a radio button; so you can select just one radio button but you have 2 correct answers. Uh-oh! But as I said before: very, verry unlikely to happen on the real exam.

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Roel De Nijs wrote:
Mushfiq Mammadov wrote:Is it possible in a real exam?

It's of course possible on the real exam, because humans make mistakes But it's very unlikely. I took 5 certification exams until this moment and I never noticed a duplicate answer.

Not a duplicate answer, but on the last certification exam I took (OCA7), I noticed 2 (minor) slip-ups in 2 questions. So I contacted the OCP team to let them know so they can improve these questions.
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal
Posts: 35279
384
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Noted the error. For this question, consider it a clue that C and E are both wrong .

On the real exam, I took the beta where we are given the opportunity to comment in the exam itself. I did notice some errors (but not duplicate answers) and commented on them. Oracle is likely to notice such an issue when grading the exam from the answer distribution if two answers are correct. And fix it before the real exam.
 
Mushfiq Mammadov
Ranch Hand
Posts: 187
25
Java jQuery Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Roel De Nijs wrote:Not a duplicate answer, but on the last certification exam I took (OCA7), I noticed 2 (minor) slip-ups in 2 questions. So I contacted the OCP team to let them know so they can improve these questions.

Thanks for link, Roel, I read all posts in it, there is much useful information in that topic

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:Noted the error. For this question, consider it a clue that C and E are both wrong .
On the real exam, I took the beta where we are given the opportunity to comment in the exam itself. I did notice some errors (but not duplicate answers) and commented on them. Oracle is likely to notice such an issue when grading the exam from the answer distribution if two answers are correct. And fix it before the real exam.

Thanks, Jeanne
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Mushfiq Mammadov wrote:
Roel De Nijs wrote:Not a duplicate answer, but on the last certification exam I took (OCA7), I noticed 2 (minor) slip-ups in 2 questions. So I contacted the OCP team to let them know so they can improve these questions.

Thanks for link, Roel, I read all posts in it, there is much useful information in that topic

Glad you liked this topic! If you have a look at the OcajpWallOfFame you definitely find other user experiences which contain very useful information.
 
Mushfiq Mammadov
Ranch Hand
Posts: 187
25
Java jQuery Netbeans IDE
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Roel De Nijs wrote: If you have a look at the OcajpWallOfFame you definitely find other user experiences which contain very useful information.

That is great! I look through OcajpWallOfFame when I have got free time.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic