• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Are Enthuware mocks good?

 
I Danilov
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Paul Anilprem wrote:JA+ V8 for OCA-JP SE 8 (1Z0-808) from Enthuware is now available!
So, are Enthuware mocks good?

I'm kinda at a loss what to next after reading the study guide, even getting mentioned on errata page didn't make me one bit more confident :/
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I Danilov wrote:
Paul Anilprem wrote:JA+ V8 for OCA-JP SE 8 (1Z0-808) from Enthuware is now available!
So, are Enthuware mocks good?

Yes! It offers excellent value for money.
 
Sibendu Dey
Greenhorn
Posts: 20
Java Oracle Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I Danilov wrote:
Paul Anilprem wrote:JA+ V8 for OCA-JP SE 8 (1Z0-808) from Enthuware is now available!
So, are Enthuware mocks good?

I'm kinda at a loss what to next after reading the study guide, even getting mentioned on errata page didn't make me one bit more confident :/


They are really good.They give you a good estimate of where you stand.

But , they are only helpful after you are thorough with OCAJP course materials.
 
I Danilov
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thank you for your recommendations.

I tried Enthuware trial this morning, scored 70% and then bought the thing. Then I did foundation test and scored 91% yay! It really is of excellent quality overall.

Some questions are really challenging, and some topics were not covered in study guide*, and some show holes in my java knowledge. Having read the study guide and writing java for work, at this point I guess my best bet would be studying the most frequently ignored material - java language specification.

On a side note, how do I report possible errors and typos in Enthuware tests?

* what is -Integer.MIN_VALUE? That got me, even though I heard about signed number representations before.
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I Danilov wrote:Some questions are really challenging, and some topics were not covered in study guide*

The Enthuware mock exams are considered to be harder than the actual exam. And Oracle can change the exam objectives whenever they want. Although every study guide tries to cover a bit more than required for the actual exam (to anticipate on changing exam objectives) it's always a possibility that you encounter a question which wasn't covered by a study guide. Enthuware closely monitors the feedback they get from their users (which is of course a good thing ). So if users mention they encountered a question about -Integer.MIN_VALUE, they'll add few questions to their question bank about this topic. I don't know if questions will be removed from the question bank (because that's a lot harder to determine, almost impossible to determine with 100% guarantee)

I Danilov wrote:at this point I guess my best bet would be studying the most frequently ignored material - java language specification.

That's the most ignored, because it's not required to pass the exam

On a side note, how do I report possible errors and typos in Enthuware tests?

Enthuware has forums for each certification as well. There is even an "Errors/Bugs that have been fixed" forum. So I guess creating a post inside the appropriate forum is the way to go.

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel
 
Paul Anilprem
Enthuware Software Support
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3819
10
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I Danilov wrote:
I tried Enthuware trial this morning, scored 70% and then bought the thing. Then I did foundation test and scored 91% yay!

I would like to mention here that questions in Foundation Test are so NOT like the questions in the real exam. Most of them are either information based or direct concept based, unlike the real exam, where you will see questions that require you to apply the concepts and information to figure out the answer. As mentioned in the description of this test, it is only meant to make sure that your "information base" is good enough before you can start with the regular Standard Tests.

Therefore, score on this test indicates only that you are good with the concepts and probably do not need to go through a book at this stage. You can now start with the regular tests.
I Danilov wrote:
It really is of excellent quality overall. Some questions are really challenging, and some topics were not covered in study guide*, and some show holes in my java knowledge.

Thank you! We are glad you liked it

I Danilov wrote:
On a side note, how do I report possible errors and typos in Enthuware tests?

You will see a "Discuss" link on the bottom right side of the question dialog. Clicking this will take you directly to the appropriate forum where you can post your query about that question. If someone has already posted something about that question, you will see that as well. If the existing discussion already addresses your query, great, if not, you can post your query as well.

HTH,
Paul.
existing discussion.png
[Thumbnail for existing discussion.png]
Discuss button/link for posting query about a question
 
I Danilov
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Paul Anilprem wrote:
I would like to mention here that questions in Foundation Test are so NOT like the questions in the real exam. Most of them are either information based or direct concept based, unlike the real exam, where you will see questions that require you to apply the concepts and information to figure out the answer. As mentioned in the description of this test, it is only meant to make sure that your "information base" is good enough before you can start with the regular Standard Tests.

Thank you for clarification. I used web access to take the test; haven't got to using desktop version yet. Web interface is quite minimalistic. I should have figured what is foundation test about from it's name, and I'm fairly certain it's purpose is covered in desktop version.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic