Win a copy of hapi.js in Action this week in the HTML, CSS and JavaScript forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Do I have to pay for 1Z0-803 and 1Z0-804 separately?

 
Chi-man Wang
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I remember for Java 6, there is only one exam, 1Z0-851, which costs CND273.
However, for Java 7, it becomes 2 exams,1Z0-803 and 1Z0-804. Does it mean I need to pay for both exams? CND273*2, kinda pricy!
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10725
146
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Chi-man Wang,

First of all, a warm welcome to CodeRanch!

Chi-man Wang wrote:However, for Java 7, it becomes 2 exams,1Z0-803 and 1Z0-804. Does it mean I need to pay for both exams? CND273*2, kinda pricy!

Yes! 2 different exams, so you'll have to pay 2 exam fees as well.

But if you are already OCPJP6 certified, you could take the OCPJP7 upgrade exam (1Z0-805). Another possibility could be to simply take the OCPJP6 exam (1Z0-851) which is (as you mentioned) just 1 exam and is still available (even OCPJP5 is ). And the last alternative is to prepare yourself for the OCPJP8 beta exam (1Z1-809) and take the exam before its end date (May 30, 2015). Because it's a beta, you can take the exam for just 50 dollars. If you have passed the exam, you can take the OCAJP8 exam (1Z0-808). If you pass both, you'll be OCPJP8 certified!

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel
 
Chi-man Wang
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Roel De Nijs wrote:Hi Chi-man Wang,

First of all, a warm welcome to CodeRanch!

Chi-man Wang wrote:However, for Java 7, it becomes 2 exams,1Z0-803 and 1Z0-804. Does it mean I need to pay for both exams? CND273*2, kinda pricy!

Yes! 2 different exams, so you'll have to pay 2 exam fees as well.

But if you are already OCPJP6 certified, you could take the OCPJP7 upgrade exam (1Z0-805). Another possibility could be to simply take the OCPJP6 exam (1Z0-851) which is (as you mentioned) just 1 exam and is still available (even OCPJP5 is ). And the last alternative is to prepare yourself for the OCPJP8 beta exam (1Z1-809) and take the exam before its end date (May 30, 2015). Because it's a beta, you can take the exam for just 50 dollars. If you have passed the exam, you can take the OCAJP8 exam (1Z0-808). If you pass both, you'll be OCPJP8 certified!

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel


Hi Roel De Nijs! Thank you very much for the reply. You made it very easy to understand.
I'm now seriously looking into the OCPJP8 beta exam.
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10725
146
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Chi-man Wang wrote:I'm now seriously looking into the OCPJP8 beta exam.

Remember: no study guides available at this moment (official exam objectives are just publicly released) and you'll have to wait up to 11 weeks after the close of the beta (which can be extended) before you know your score.
 
Chi-man Wang
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Roel De Nijs wrote:
Chi-man Wang wrote:I'm now seriously looking into the OCPJP8 beta exam.

Remember: no study guides available at this moment (official exam objectives are just publicly released) and you'll have to wait up to 11 weeks after the close of the beta (which can be extended) before you know your score.


Thanks for the reminder. Yes it's risky for me to take this exam, because I'm not sure I'll have enough time to prepare, however, for dat price I'd like to give it a try.
As for the study guide, I'm gonna use OCP7's guide, plus the power of this forum
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10725
146
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Chi-man Wang wrote:As for the study guide, I'm gonna use OCP7's guide, plus the power of this forum

Excellent choice! But don't use this forum, use the more appropriate OCPJP7/8 forum instead
 
Chi-man Wang
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Roel De Nijs wrote:
Chi-man Wang wrote:As for the study guide, I'm gonna use OCP7's guide, plus the power of this forum

Excellent choice! But don't use this forum, use the more appropriate OCPJP7/8 forum instead


Roger that :p
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10725
146
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Good news! Oracle will be releasing another OCP8 exam to upgrade from OCPJP6 and all prior versions) in beta (probably) (very) soon. So that could be another option (if you already hold a programmer certification). More info here.
 
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!