• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Mandatory Course requirement for OCMJEA

 
Ram Manoj Kongara
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

I have earlier completed SCJP 5 certification long ago.
I want to take OCMJEA now.

I am confused whether SCJP 5 certification fits in as one of mandatory course requirement or not for OCMJEA.

I was referring Master Level Certification -> Oracle Certified Master, Java EE 5 Enterprise Architect
Step 2 - Or submit one of these archived courses that you have already completed.
Link: https://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=653&get_params=p_id:164

There is no exact reference to SCJP certification as one of them.
Please advise me.

Also where, when or who will be validating which mandatory course requirement we have fulfilled as per-requisite for OCMJEA.

Thanks in advance,
Ram.

 
K. Tsang
Bartender
Posts: 3583
16
Android Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Welcome to the Ranch

Ram Manoj Kongara wrote:
I am confused whether SCJP 5 certification fits in as one of mandatory course requirement or not for OCMJEA.


The SCJP5 certificate itself DOES NOT meet the training requirement for OCMJEA.

Ram Manoj Kongara wrote:
I was referring Master Level Certification -> Oracle Certified Master, Java EE 5 Enterprise Architect
Step 2 - Or submit one of these archived courses that you have already completed.
Link: https://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=653&get_params=p_id:164


For OCMJEA5 some archived courses (from step 2) do meet the training requirement. If you did training for the SCJP5 and say you took the course "Java Programming Language" then yes you would have fulfill the training requirement for OCMJEA5 (not v6)

Ram Manoj Kongara wrote:
Also where, when or who will be validating which mandatory course requirement we have fulfilled as per-requisite for OCMJEA.


That would be Oracle, who else? You may submit the course submission form (step 7) in the link through Oracle CertView. Things to provide is like course name, when you took it, place where you took it and how long the training is.
 
Heliton Rodrigues Aranha Filho
Greenhorn
Posts: 21
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Just to complement K Tsang's post, any Java Programming Language course will be accepted for v5. Mine was the SL275 for Java 1.4, for example.

If you haven't done any courses, and don't care for them, just get the cheapest one on the list (I think it's the Java Language virtual course) to get it over with.

Best of luck!
 
It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic