• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Is it possible mark some questions for the final review in the exam?

 
Jamoba Black
Ranch Hand
Posts: 40
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello, I am wondering does the exam software provide a method to mark some questions for review later. Instead of mark the numbers of question in paper or white board?
Thank you!
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal
Posts: 35279
384
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Yes. You can mark questions for review. Recently (within the past year or so), you also became able to right click wrong answers to strike through them. And you can select a correct answer and change it later as well. This lets you see which answers you already ruled out and what you think is the likely answer when going back to it.
 
Jamoba Black
Ranch Hand
Posts: 40
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:Yes. You can mark questions for review. Recently (within the past year or so), you also became able to right click wrong answers to strike through them. And you can select a correct answer and change it later as well. This lets you see which answers you already ruled out and what you think is the likely answer when going back to it.


Nice function, Thanks Jeanne!

One more question, is there any way to see the questions list which are not answered nor marked?
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal
Posts: 35279
384
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jamoba Black wrote:One more question, is there any way to see the questions list which are not answered nor marked?

Yes. You can see all the questions until you submit.

When I take an exam, I typically review the questions I marked. And then all of them as a sanity check if time permits.
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jamoba Black wrote:One more question, is there any way to see the questions list which are not answered nor marked?

If you are referring to the actual exam, then the answer is yes!

When you click on the "Next" button after answering the last question (Q70), you do not finish the exam! You get a review page: this page contains some explanatory text and then you have a table which contains all incomplete questions and all marked (for review) questions (ordered by question number). At the bottom you have at the left 3 buttons:
  • review all questions (the one I chose because I had 55 minutes left after 1st complete iteration)
  • review incomplete questions
  • review marked questions

  • When you review a marked question, the exam software does not clear the mark (checkbox). You have to do it yourself. If you don't do that, this question will remain in the overview.

    At the right, you have the "Finish" button to finish the exam. If you hit this button, you get an alert with a message similar to this one: "are you sure you want to finish the exam? Remember this action is permanent and you can't go back to the questions". And you have 2 buttons: one to cancel and one to really finish the exam.

    Hope it helps!
    Kind regards,
    Roel
     
    Jamoba Black
    Ranch Hand
    Posts: 40
    1
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    • Quote
    • Report post to moderator
    Roel De Nijs wrote:
    Jamoba Black wrote:One more question, is there any way to see the questions list which are not answered nor marked?

    If you are referring to the actual exam, then the answer is yes!

    When you click on the "Next" button after answering the last question (Q70), you do not finish the exam! You get a review page: this page contains some explanatory text and then you have a table which contains all incomplete questions and all marked (for review) questions (ordered by question number). At the bottom you have at the left 3 buttons:
  • review all questions (the one I chose because I had 55 minutes left after 1st complete iteration)
  • review incomplete questions
  • review marked questions

  • When you review a marked question, the exam software does not clear the mark (checkbox). You have to do it yourself. If you don't do that, this question will remain in the overview.

    At the right, you have the "Finish" button to finish the exam. If you hit this button, you get an alert with a message similar to this one: "are you sure you want to finish the exam? Remember this action is permanent and you can't go back to the questions". And you have 2 buttons: one to cancel and one to really finish the exam.

    Hope it helps!
    Kind regards,
    Roel


    Thank you so much! I get it.
    For the "Finish" button, Is it mandatory to click, or it will submit automatically when time runs out?
     
    Roel De Nijs
    Sheriff
    Posts: 10662
    144
    AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    • Quote
    • Report post to moderator
    Jamoba Black wrote:For the "Finish" button, Is it mandatory to click, or it will submit automatically when time runs out?

    Good question! I've never run out of time, so I have no idea at all.
     
    Jamoba Black
    Ranch Hand
    Posts: 40
    1
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    • Quote
    • Report post to moderator
    Roel De Nijs wrote:
    Jamoba Black wrote:For the "Finish" button, Is it mandatory to click, or it will submit automatically when time runs out?

    Good question! I've never run out of time, so I have no idea at all.


    Ok, I will assume that by default we will have to click it.
    Thanks a lot.
     
    Roel De Nijs
    Sheriff
    Posts: 10662
    144
    AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    • Quote
    • Report post to moderator
    Jamoba Black wrote:
    Roel De Nijs wrote:
    Jamoba Black wrote:For the "Finish" button, Is it mandatory to click, or it will submit automatically when time runs out?

    Good question! I've never run out of time, so I have no idea at all.


    Ok, I will assume that by default we will have to click it.

    You should assume by default that you are well-prepared and you won't run out of time
     
    Jamoba Black
    Ranch Hand
    Posts: 40
    1
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    • Quote
    • Report post to moderator
    Roel De Nijs wrote:
    Jamoba Black wrote:
    Roel De Nijs wrote:
    Jamoba Black wrote:For the "Finish" button, Is it mandatory to click, or it will submit automatically when time runs out?

    Good question! I've never run out of time, so I have no idea at all.


    Ok, I will assume that by default we will have to click it.

    You should assume by default that you are well-prepared and you won't run out of time


    Yes, that is the biggest challenge I need to overcome.
     
    • Post Reply
    • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
    • New Topic