• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

About the UI of the real exam

 
Jamoba Black
Ranch Hand
Posts: 40
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I am doing Enthuware's mocks, I can see the "Time Left", the "Total Time", but there is NO "Time Used", I have to do minus to know how much time I have used.

I am wondering does the real exam's UI is the same as Enthuware's mock?

Thanks in advance.
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jamoba Black wrote:I am doing Enthuware's mocks, I can see the "Time Left", the "Total Time", but there is NO "Time Used", I have to do minus to know how much time I have used.

I am wondering does the real exam's UI is the same as Enthuware's mock?

If I remember correctly, the UI of the actual exam also doesn't display "Time Used" and I wonder if "Total Time" is displayed, I don't think it is (but I could be wrong). It definitely displays "Time Left" (which is in my opinion by far the most important one of all three).
 
Jamoba Black
Ranch Hand
Posts: 40
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Roel De Nijs wrote:
Jamoba Black wrote:I am doing Enthuware's mocks, I can see the "Time Left", the "Total Time", but there is NO "Time Used", I have to do minus to know how much time I have used.

I am wondering does the real exam's UI is the same as Enthuware's mock?

If I remember correctly, the UI of the actual exam also doesn't display "Time Used" and I wonder if "Total Time" is displayed, I don't think it is (but I could be wrong). It definitely displays "Time Left" (which is in my opinion by far the most important one of all three).


Thank you Roel!
Then I need to change my habit for time control.
 
Jamoba Black
Ranch Hand
Posts: 40
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Roel De Nijs wrote:
Jamoba Black wrote:I am doing Enthuware's mocks, I can see the "Time Left", the "Total Time", but there is NO "Time Used", I have to do minus to know how much time I have used.

I am wondering does the real exam's UI is the same as Enthuware's mock?

If I remember correctly, the UI of the actual exam also doesn't display "Time Used" and I wonder if "Total Time" is displayed, I don't think it is (but I could be wrong). It definitely displays "Time Left" (which is in my opinion by far the most important one of all three).


Does it display "Question Left"?
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jamoba Black wrote:Then I need to change my habit for time control.

I remember doing some easy math to calculate my pace and then checking now and then to see if I was able to keep that pace. If you are good at mental calculation, it doesn't take more than a few seconds to do these calculations.
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jamoba Black wrote:Does it display "Question Left"?

I don't think "Questons Left" is displayed, because it would be hard to maintain (e.g. what to do with incomplete questions and questions you have marked for review). I don't know if it mentions "question X of Y". But each question has a number and the first question has number 1. So if you don't have "Questions Left" or "question X of Y", another simple calculation will reveal how many questions you still have to answer (and you have to keep track yourself of the number of questions you have marked for review and/or are incomplete).
 
Jamoba Black
Ranch Hand
Posts: 40
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Roel De Nijs wrote:
Jamoba Black wrote:Does it display "Question Left"?

I don't think "Questons Left" is displayed, because it would be hard to maintain (e.g. what to do with incomplete questions and questions you have marked for review). I don't know if it mentions "question X of Y". But each question has a number and the first question has number 1. So if you don't have "Questions Left" or "question X of Y", another simple calculation will reveal how many questions you still have to answer (and you have to keep track yourself of the number of questions you have marked for review and/or are incomplete).


I might need to keep a counter for the questions incomplete and marked.
Thanks!
 
Guillermo Ishi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 789
C++ Linux Python
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jamoba Black wrote:
I might need to keep a counter for the questions incomplete and marked.

On the real test there's a button that takes you to a screen that's like the one the Enthuware 'review' button takes you to. There you see a list of all the questions and their status - answered, blank, check marked.
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal
Posts: 35279
384
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Roel De Nijs wrote:If I remember correctly, the UI of the actual exam also doesn't display "Time Used" and I wonder if "Total Time" is displayed, I don't think it is (but I could be wrong). It definitely displays "Time Left" (which is in my opinion by far the most important one of all three).

Right. It only displays time left.
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I created a service request to the Oracle Certification Program (OCP) Team and asked if some resource (blog article, video, screenshots) existed about the look-and-feel of the actual exam software. They responded with a very, very irrelevant answer. So you have to rely on the information provided by other ranchers
 
Jamoba Black
Ranch Hand
Posts: 40
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Roel De Nijs wrote:I created a service request to the Oracle Certification Program (OCP) Team and asked if some resource (blog article, video, screenshots) existed about the look-and-feel of the actual exam software. They responded with a very, very irrelevant answer. So you have to rely on the information provided by other ranchers


Thank you, Roel!

I found in Enthuware's UI, "Question Remaining" does not include the questions which are left Intentionally. It is confusing. I think the real test UI might be the same.

I have tried some mocks, I am getting a bit more confident about time management.
I have used your idea to do the easy, short questions in the first round, leaving long, complex ones in the last. It works not bad.
 
Paul Anilprem
Enthuware Software Support
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3820
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
There is one peculiarity about the real exam UI that may throw people off a bit. On the review screen, only questions that are marked or are not answered completely are listed. For example, if you attempted all the questions and haven't marked any question, you will not see any question on the review page. An implication is that, if you now want to jump to some question, you can't do that from the review screen. You have to use the Previous and Next buttons on the question screen to reach to the question number you want.


Jamoba Black wrote:
I found in Enthuware's UI, "Question Remaining" does not include the questions which are left Intentionally. It is confusing. I think the real test UI might be the same.

Not sure what you mean. How will you make a distinction between questions that are not answered intentionally and questions that are just not answered?

Just a suggestion - Don't worry too much about the UI. It is fine. Worry about the content
 
Jamoba Black
Ranch Hand
Posts: 40
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Paul Anilprem wrote:There is one peculiarity about the real exam UI that may throw people off a bit. On the review screen, only questions that are marked or are not answered completely are listed. For example, if you attempted all the questions and haven't marked any question, you will not see any question on the review page. An implication is that, if you now want to jump to some question, you can't do that from the review screen. You have to use the Previous and Next buttons on the question screen to reach to the question number you want.


Jamoba Black wrote:
I found in Enthuware's UI, "Question Remaining" does not include the questions which are left Intentionally. It is confusing. I think the real test UI might be the same.

Not sure what you mean. How will you make a distinction between questions that are not answered intentionally and questions that are just not answered?

Just a suggestion - Don't worry too much about the UI. It is fine. Worry about the content


Thank you Paul for the information! It is really important!
So does it means we will have to mark all the questions which are not attempted, not answered completely, and those need to get reviewed?
Can I enter the question ID, press enter to locate specific question in the real test? Just like Enthuware's UI does.

For the "Question Remaining", say I have "attempt"ed question: 1, 3 4,5,7 20, the "Question Remaining" should be 70-6 = 64, but it is not the case.
I manage the time by comparing Time Left and Question Remaining. That is why I need to check this carefully.
 
Paul Anilprem
Enthuware Software Support
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3820
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jamoba Black wrote:
So does it means we will have to mark all the questions which are not attempted, not answered completely, and those need to get reviewed?

No, incompletely answered and unanswered questions are shown in the list. So are the ones that you have marked (irrespective of their answer status).


Can I enter the question ID, press enter to locate specific question in the real test? Just like Enthuware's UI does.

No.

For the "Question Remaining", say I have "attempt"ed question: 1, 3 4,5,7 20, the "Question Remaining" should be 70-6 = 64, but it is not the case.
I manage the time by comparing Time Left and Question Remaining. That is why I need to check this carefully.

I am not sure I agree with this logic. From the perspective of the exam, questions that are not answered fully are also questions that are remaining to be answered. What if you unintentionally forget to select one option out of three options in a question? After completing the test, you will be happy to see 0 remaining. But that is not correct. You still have one question to answer. Whether you left it intentionally or unintentionally, is irrelevant.
I talked our dev team and it seems that is how they implemented it. I will have to dig a little deeper to know exactly what is implemented

If you want to come back to a question later (or ignore a question intentionally), you may use the Mark checkbox (of course, for one or the other purpose, not both).

HTH,
Paul.
 
Jamoba Black
Ranch Hand
Posts: 40
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thank you, Paul!
I try to restart a test. Once I click next button, the "question remaining" will decrement by 1. It works this way.
By the way, Enthuware's mock is fantastic.
 
Paul Anilprem
Enthuware Software Support
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3820
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jamoba Black wrote:
By the way, Enthuware's mock is fantastic.

Glad to know that you liked it
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jamoba Black wrote:So does it means we will have to mark all the questions which are not attempted, not answered completely, and those need to get reviewed?

No. Every question which has fewer answers selected than required is automatically marked by the exam software as an incomplete question. So let's say you must select 3 answers for a given question and you are sure about 2 answers and doubt about the 3rd answer, you can select the 2 answers you are 100% sure about and go to the next question. At the end of the exam, this question will be marked as incomplete (that's another icon than the "marked for review").
At the end you can review all questions, only incomplete questions and only "marked for review" questions. More detailed information can be found in this post.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic