We are pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Email for Java 5.5.0 . Ported from its equivalent .NET version of the API, this month’s release includes the same enhancements and improvements. Creating contacts distribution list and adding these to a PST. However, there was no provision to save a distribution list to disc in MSG format as Microsoft Outlook does. This month’s release now provides the capability to save a distribution list to disc in Microsoft Outlook MSG format. This month’s release also provides a functionality enhancement that allows API users to parse searchable folders in an OST or PST file. The FolderKind enumerator provides the capability to list contents by Search or Normal type using this enumerator. This month’s release also fixes a number of bugs, resulting in improved API performance. These include Encoding issues during message conversion, issues with PST content while retrieving certain messages and calendar items, missing message’s content while saved using the API and exceptions such as loading certain TNEF files, listing messages using IMAP server, splitting OST files, and working with certain ICS files. The main improved features & bug fixes added in this release are listed below
- Save MapiDistributionList to MSG file
- "Finder" Sub folder contents in the OST cannot be retrieved after Aspose.Email for .NET 1.6
- HttpWebRequest issue. Request hangs, connection closed by timeout. The error occurs very rarely.
- Adding messages to multiple PSTs in Parallel sometimes raises Exception - Provision of some logging facility
- Exported message has MSG format violation?
- Contact Notes contain HTML Tags when saved to disc
- Wrong message signing time displayed in Outlook
- Wrong named property GUID observed before and after saving to PST
- Unwanted backslash '\' found in PST root folder display name for German ANSI pst
- Issue while reading EML attachments
- Incomplete information retrieved from EML
- From field garbled while EML to MHTML conversion
- AlternateViews.Clear() functionality not working
- ImapFolderInfo.TotalMessageCount returns 0 for all all folders
- Missing content from Aspose created MSG file in Outlook
- Attachment.Save saves the attachment in unknown wrong format
- MapiMessage.Save changes MapiMessage.TransportMessageHeaders
- EML to MHTML: Message body converts to plain text
- EML to MHTML: Text missing from message body
- MSG to MHTML: Encoding Issue in output Fixed
- PST: Extracted MSG is corrupted
- Attachment name not extracted properly from the EML
- Line missing from HTML body
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Email for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Email for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Email for Java is a Non-Graphical Java component that enables Java applications to read and write Microsoft Outlook documents without utilizing Microsoft Outlook. It enables developers to create new MSG file from scratch, update an existing MSG file, read Outlook MSG file & get it's properties like subject, body, recipients in to, cc and bcc, Adding or removing attachment, sender information and MAPI properties. Aspose.Email for Java can be used with Web as well as Desktop Application.
Contact Information Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts [email]email@example.com[/email]