Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Questions after passing OCMJEA parts 2 and 3

 
Evandro Pomatti
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all.
Today I received an e-mail telling that my results for part 2/3 were available. I checked CertView and I passed with 148/160 so I am quite happy about it
But I have some questions that other people might have as well so I will post here:

1) In the Exam History page why are both 1Z0-865 and 1Z0-866 still indicating "TAKEN" in the Grade Indicator column? Shouldn't it indicate PASS or it does it take longer to update?

2) Exam results for 1Z0-865 says I passed, but 1Z0-866 results says that my Essay is still pending to be evaluated with my Assignment Proposal. Is this normal? Am I approved only in step 2 or in step 3 as well?

3) How much time, usually, will it take for the certificate to be generated and sent to my e-mail? The message goes like this: ".... Your new Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Cer credential is being processed. This credential will be mailed to you at the address we have on file for you in your testing profile. ...".

4) I have already completed the course required for the certification. When am I supposed to submit the "Course Submission Form"? Do I still need to send the form even if I completed the course before any exam?

5) Why is the message saying Java EE 5 since I did the exams for Java EE 6 (I passed exam 1Z0-807)? The message goes like "Your new Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Cer...". Is this correct? I know that assignment and essay are the same for both stacks, but will my certificate be issued for Java EE 6?

Should I contact Oracle about this issues?

Thank you!
 
K. Tsang
Bartender
Posts: 3585
16
Android Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats

Evandro Pomatti wrote:
1) In the Exam History page why are both 1Z0-865 and 1Z0-866 still indicating "TAKEN" in the Grade Indicator column? Shouldn't it indicate PASS or it does it take longer to update?
2) Exam results for 1Z0-865 says I passed, but 1Z0-866 results says that my Essay is still pending to be evaluated with my Assignment Proposal. Is this normal? Am I approved only in step 2 or in step 3 as well?

The 865 will become PASS eventually. 866 remains TAKEN.

Evandro Pomatti wrote:
3) How much time, usually, will it take for the certificate to be generated and sent to my e-mail? The message goes like this: ".... Your new Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Cer credential is being processed. This credential will be mailed to you at the address we have on file for you in your testing profile. ...".


The certificate is not "generated and sent to you" per se. It is downloaded in CertView. When you see the OCMJEA in the certification page then the logos and cert is downloadable. Also Oracle doesn't mail you the welcome kit by default, you need to request it through customer service

Evandro Pomatti wrote:
4) I have already completed the course required for the certification. When am I supposed to submit the "Course Submission Form"? Do I still need to send the form even if I completed the course before any exam?


You should have submitted that form. If not, you better do it. Without the training proof, your cert is not official.

Evandro Pomatti wrote:
5) Why is the message saying Java EE 5 since I did the exams for Java EE 6 (I passed exam 1Z0-807)? The message goes like "Your new Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Cer...". Is this correct? I know that assignment and essay are the same for both stacks, but will my certificate be issued for Java EE 6?

Should I contact Oracle about this issues?



What does your exam history say? The message is from the congratulation letter/email? If v6 exam is done for part 1, OCMJEA6 else OCMJEA5. Contact Oracle if in doubt but probably after seeing it in the cert page.

 
Evandro Pomatti
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
K. Tsang wrote:
Evandro Pomatti wrote:
4) I have already completed the course required for the certification. When am I supposed to submit the "Course Submission Form"? Do I still need to send the form even if I completed the course before any exam?


You should have submitted that form. If not, you better do it. Without the training proof, your cert is not official.


Just submitted the form. I did think it was supposed to be done after all the exams.

K. Tsang wrote:
Evandro Pomatti wrote:
5) Why is the message saying Java EE 5 since I did the exams for Java EE 6 (I passed exam 1Z0-807)? The message goes like "Your new Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Cer...". Is this correct? I know that assignment and essay are the same for both stacks, but will my certificate be issued for Java EE 6?

Should I contact Oracle about this issues?



What does your exam history say? The message is from the congratulation letter/email? If v6 exam is done for part 1, OCMJEA6 else OCMJEA5. Contact Oracle if in doubt but probably after seeing it in the cert page.


My exam history says I am approved for 1Z0-807 Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Certified Master. This is Part 1. So I guess I'm ok then.

The message is not from the email, but from the score report from the 1Z0-865 exam which is the assignment. The score report for the assignment says:

1Z0-865 Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Certified Master Assignment (Step 2 of 3)

and after the score points it says:

Congratulations! You have achieved the highest level of Java Certification one can achieve. You are among the elite group of individuals who can call themselves a Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Cer. Your new Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Cer credential is being processed. This credential will be mailed to you at the address we have on file for you in your testing profile. Please check your profile at http://certview.oracle.com for your most current mailing address.

Details of a passing score are not displayed in order to maintain test security. This score report is the only information you will be provided.

On behalf of Oracle University, congratulations!



 
K. Tsang
Bartender
Posts: 3585
16
Android Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
When I did my training long time ago, I submitted that course form before I started part 1.

The score report for 865 is originally for JEE5 so it's just the title.
 
Evandro Pomatti
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Ok, so the only concern I have right now is about the course form submission. I sent it today and it may take 5 business days to complete the process. No idea what will happen since I did the course at December last year and I am submitting the form after approval of all parts of the certification.

The information page on that subject says the following (link: http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=99):

The form may be submitted at any time in your certification path, after you have completed the training requirement. However, you will only receive the certification success kit once all certification requirements have been met.


So I am assuming it is fine to do it at the end. Also, it is listed as the last step (step 6) at the certification path page. It should be fine .

I also sent an email to ocpreq_ww@oracle.com with my course completion and certificate as well hoping that it will ease the verification process. I had a PDF backup of those documents (no idea how to retrieve it now from the Oracle site). I found that e-mail at pearsonvue form submission page, I was able to access that page using the steps in the following link: http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=99

I also tried to send a message using the "Oracle Certification Program (OCP) Support Form" from this link: http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP, but I am getting error 404 from the Oracle page when I try to send it and I am not sure how to report this problem

On top of all of this the guy in the following link similar problems: http://www.coderanch.com/t/651781/java-Architect-SCEA/certification/Cleared-OCMJEA-Stuck-submission-form

Appreciate if you guys have another ideas, I will till next week and hope for the best, otherwise I'll start looking for another way to contact Oracle.
 
K. Tsang
Bartender
Posts: 3585
16
Android Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Fear not. If prolong waiting is your concern, you have already emailed them.

Anyway does your CertView show the OCMJEA cert even the exam history says all part 1, 2/3 are passed?

For the course submission thing, once they verified it, the exam history will also have a record with exam code 1Z0-841 (for JEE5 at least) or another number for JEE6.


Earlier last month I myself had a logo issue and they took a month to fix but that's another story.
 
Evandro Pomatti
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Yes, it says "PASS" for Part 1 and Part 2 in the Exam History as well. Actually the Part 2 changed from taken to "PASS" today, it was saying "TAKEN" yesterday.

I will have to wait for it then.
 
Evandro Pomatti
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Today I received a response from OCP with the following:

Your Hands-On Course Requirement has been verified. If you have met all your exam requirements, you can view your certification details in CertView in 24-48 hours and request for the printed certificate.


Almost there I guess. Just waiting for Oracle now to publish the certificate.

CertView says they are delaying the process because of high volume of messages so it might take additional time.
 
Evandro Pomatti
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Finally the eCertificate is available for download. I did not receive any e-mail yet, just checked it in CertView. Proceeding now to request the printed copy of the certificate.

Thank you K. Tsang for the support.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic