This week's book giveaway is in the Agile and Other Processes forum.
We're giving away four copies of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) and have Tom Perry on-line!
See this thread for details.
Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Preparing for the OCAJP7 exam

 
Shiva Gajjala
Ranch Hand
Posts: 77
Eclipse IDE Java Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I would like to start preparing for OCAJP 7 and take the exam within 2 months. I had training for OCPJP 6 3 years ago but new topics had been added to 7 & 8. I have no idea of regular expressiona and Lambdas .

Please suggest me a good book for preparing for OCAJP 7 that contains questions and explanation of answers too so that it saves lot of time in preparation. I would like to order for the book in amazon if one is available.
I would like to know the difference between OCAJP 7 and OCPJP 7. Doesn't OCAJP contains programs in the exam ?

Thank you
Shiva kumar
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Shiva Gajjala wrote:I would like to start preparing for OCAJP 7 and take the exam within 2 months. I had training for OCPJP 6 3 years ago but new topics had been added to 7 & 8. I have no idea of regular expressiona and Lambdas .

If you want to prepare for OCAJP7 you don't have to worry about lambdas, because lambdas is a topic for the OCAJP8 exam. And regular expressions is not on the OCA exams, so you don't have to worry about those as well

Shiva Gajjala wrote:Please suggest me a good book for preparing for OCAJP 7 that contains questions and explanation of answers too so that it saves lot of time in preparation. I would like to order for the book in amazon if one is available.

In the OcajpFaq (besides other very useful information) and this thread you'll find an overview of all available resources (study guides, mock exams,...) to thorougly prepare yourself for the certification exam. And on the OcajpWallOfFame you'll find plenty of (links to) experiences from other ranchers (including resources they have used). So it can be useful to determine which resources are useful (and which are not).

Shiva Gajjala wrote:I would like to know the difference between OCAJP 7 and OCPJP 7. Doesn't OCAJP contains programs in the exam ?

This forum has plenty of topics about this subject. It all depends what's important to you (e.g. money, available resources,...). In this thread you'll find an overview of all possible paths (OCPJP6, OCAJP7+OCPJP7 or OCAJP8+OCPJP8) you could take to become an OCPJP certified Java programmer. And this thread also contains some valuable information about which OCA version to choose. So I would advice to read these threads and if you still have questions or doubts, just hit the reply button and let us know!
For the OCA (and OCP) exams you don't need to write code, all questions are multiple choice. But the majority of the questions require you to evaluate code snippets and choose the best answer(s) from a bunch of possible answers.

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic