hi , i am doing one small project on Java that is a desktop application , the problem is that i want to store the data on cloud server, i mean to say that the database should be on cloud server.<br/> So guys please tell me the procedure of this , i mean how i will get some space on cloud server for database. i am using MySQL as Database.
I'm not too sure what exactly you want to know, but generally the procedure is
- google for "mysql hosting",
- shortlist some suitable infrastructure providers (godaddy / linode / hostgator / EC2 / digitalocean / vultr, etc are the names that come to my mind right now)
- from one of them, buy shared host server or VPS (virtual private server) or even something like EC2 RDS (they have a 1 year free tier)
- if it's a VPS, you have to do all the mysql installation and security configuration yourself
- create databases and tables
- your server will have an IP address/hostname which you pass in your desktop application's connection URL instead of "localhost:3306"